Thursday, 29 January 2015

A calendar page ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Crikey I got my first Follower – wow thank you so much Rubber Dance – I love your challenges!  Also thank you to everyone that left me a comment on yesterday’s post – I really do appreciate it and I have to say I was a bit surprised as this is such a new way of sharing my crafting with you all.
I have a calendar page to share with you again today.  It is a lot more minimal than yesterday's page, lol, and here it is …

I was a very good girl and kept an eye on the time
The Aquatints make wonderful, quick and easy backgrounds! 
They also stamp beautifully too.  This was where I had to stop within the time limit.
To be honest I was really shocked that I got this far - will be doing this again!
The finished January page.
I used one of the smaller stamps to a stamp and emboss and then added more sparkle with the paste.
Here are all the pieces ready to be created into a calendar 
With the individual finished pages
The finished stamped and blinged up page!

I recently found the monthly challenge at The Craft Barn Blog.  You create a calendar page each month and at the end of the year you have all the pages you need to complete at least one hand crafted 2016 Calendar/Christmas gift.  Creating Christmas cards throughout the year really paid off big time last year and now I’m trying to also create Christmas presents all year through too.  Sadly I ran out of time to finish the Christmas 2015 presents so I hope to finish them this year and put them away ready for Christmas.  Keep your fingers crossed for me, lol, because that's my current plan too lol!  On this blog I will share mixed media and hand crafted presents and on Stamping in Pink I will create my OCD Christmas and birthday cards.  So I will be sharing both sides of me lol!

I also found the Speed Craft Challenge too.  I really love the idea of this one as you create within a strict time limit.  That means I won’t have the time to panic or overly think about what I'm creating.  That style of crafting is completely the way I want to go this year - so it is well and truly right up my current street.  

DH bought me a set of Aquatints for Christmas and after watching one of Sheena’s videos I've been playing with them.  I was and still am shocked at how easily and quickly you can colour a piece of white card or paper.  You use a little bit of ink and a little blob of glycerine and they blend, colour and stamp beautifully and really quickly!  I coloured the larger snowflake stamp with a blue Aquatint and stamped that across the page.  I heat dried it (that’s quick to do too) and stamped and embossed the smaller snowflake from the same set of stamps.  I really like the Aquatints a lot, so you will be seeing more of them in the future.


Created Especially for Family and these Challenges:


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it.  I hope you all like one of my new avenues and that you get some time to do what you love to do this week!  ttfn Karen x






Tools:
Sheena Douglass stamp set: Ornate Snowflakes
Splodgeaway mat; scissors; heat gun; ink blending foam; spray bottle of water; pallette knife; heat gun

Stash:
Card/Paper: an A5 piece of paper
Colours: Aquatints Perfectly Primary; Blue Glitz WOW EP; Shimmer Sparkle Texture Paste: Frosty Dawn
Other: Versamark IP; Glycerin

7 comments:

massofhair said...

Hi Karen welcome to our Speed Craft Challenge, fantastic background for your calendar page. Love snowflakes and blue tones very much, not used the Aquatones they look fun to play with. Hope you can join us on our next challenge.

Mo:-)
DT Speed Craft Challenge

Inky and Quirky said...

Ooh now this is lovely,really sparkly. I've never heard of aquatints...off to investigate now ;)
Thanks for joining us at speed craft challenge and good luck
Big hugs
Donna DT

Bibi at Rubber Dance said...

Gorgeousssss!! Thank you so much for entering our January challenge again! :-)
XOX

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative challenge this month :)

Carol said...

Lots of sparkle and shine here Karen, love it. Carol x

Scrapmate said...

Aquatints sound very interesting... must have a look and see. I like your calendar page very much it looks super sparkly.

butterfly said...

What a fabulous snowflake background - love that shimmer! Thanks so much for playing along at The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge.
Alison x