Tuesday, 17 February 2015

A very girly canvas ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good and your week has started well. 
I’ve picked up two new lovely followers this weekend and so I want to say thank you very much and welcome to both Sid and Becca! 
It’s nice to find new friends especially if those friends have followed me here for the first time.  Not that I want to loose anyone over at Stamping in Pink, lol!  I’m hoping I’m doing something right and you like what I’m learning, creating and sharing right now lol!
IRL I’m trying to organise, shrink and donate some of my old stash and that’s one of the reason’s that I’m not creating and blogging as much as I would like on either of my blogs.  I need to shrink the amount of stamps I own too.  There are many I no longer use.  Thankfully my Stamping in Pink OCD means that they’re clean and in good order.  Hopefully I will get a page set up in the next few months to see if anyone wants to purchase the stamps at a very much reduced rate.
Enough of my waffle and back to the reason for today’s post is that I’ve another canvas to share and here it is … 

 
It's a 5" x 7" canvas and completely my style! 
I love the butterfly 
 
WOC mulberry flowers and bling, of course!
A final look

Originally this was a pink/orange canvas that I stamped and embossed directly onto.  I was chuffed when I created it.  It was coloured with watercolours and I thought the stamping and embossing would make it un-usable for something new.  But I thought it was experimenting with so I wiped the canvas down with a wet cloth to remove/weaken the colour and then I slathered gesso over the whole canvas.
I've made notes of how I created it and I’m sure peeps could create their own canvas if they wanted to too.  If you would like in depth instructions let me know and I’ll create a step by step into a tutorial and copy it into one of the pages above.  Creating this was so freeing and I enjoyed every single second of it.  It also helps that I created it just for me, to go in my work room, for my love of colourful butterflies, even though I freak out when they fly into our home - don't do well with things flying around me lol!
This is a canvas board rather than a wooden frame with canvas attached to it, which makes it easier to work on and I know from previous experiments it can take a lot of stuff being thrown at it. 
The butterfly was stamped and embossed onto Crafters Companion Centura Snow White card I coloured with my Spectrum Noir Aquatints.  I love the little bottles of pure colour – they blend beautifully and give amazing colour and depth to every project.
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x


Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
I’m looking forward to spring and warmth but I don’t want to wish the time away so
I found my own piece of paradise with stamps, paints and lots of different mediums!
Stamping Sensations Challenge Anything Goes


Tools:
Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass Butterfly stamp set
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: Wood Grain
Heat gun; pot of water; paint pallette; pallet knife; ink blending foam

Stash:
Card Paper: Crafters Companion UK Snow White Accents Card for stamping and embossing the butterfly onto
Colours: Crafter’s Companion UK Spectrum Noir Aquatints Perfectly Primary
The Works gesso and acrylic paints; Distress Stickles Worn Lipstick #
Rub Ons/Waxes #; WOW WS26 Platinum Sparkle embossing glitter
Embellishments: WOC mulberry paper cherry blossoms and flowers; bling from my stash #
Glues: Collall All Purpose Glue
Other: Versamark IP; Glycerin

# very old stash no idea if available to purchase, at least five years old

10 comments:

Carol said...

Ohhh this is gorgeous Karen, beautiful colours and so girly and pretty....and you! Love it. Carol x

Lynne K said...

Wow! Stunning butterfly and gorgeous colours! Ticks all the boxes for me. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

massofhair said...

NOT a pink girl myself but do appreciate the use on anything i do not have to own or wear...

Fantastic canvas, great depth and texture from your beautiful butterfly and the flowers:-) xxx

Anja said...

The colors you used are just beautiful. tsf =)

brenda said...

An adorable creation and such a pretty colour choice Karen, so long since I did a canvas and you have inspired me.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful little canvas, Love it!! and that butterfly is so pretty!!

Crafty Claire said...

Gorgeous rich colours and lovely textures to add real depth. Love it x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

soapHOUSEmama said...

Such a lovely creation!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog :) - Ashli

AJ Bodine said...

Your work is beautiful, I saw an entry you posted on a challenge. I'm your newest follower, looking forward to seeing more!