Tuesday, 24 February 2015

February's 2nd MM Tag ...

Hello lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I acquired a new follower yesterday, I’m very grateful, and want to say welcome Kelly.  I hope you like what I share and if you’ve any questions please ask and I will get back to you as soon as I can.  
This is my second February mixed media calendar page.  This time I followed the tissue paper texture background tutorial at Ink Stains With Roni.  It's the March technique (I’m behind).  I’ve never seen this technique before and I recycled blue tissue paper that came wrapped around a stash prize, it was a lot of fun to play lol!  
Roni is a generous crafter who shares tips and techniques with all crafters.  Roni encourages using and adapting what we have in our stash and that's exactly what I’m doing these days. With the exception of stamps, tools and glues I've set myself a Use It Up 2015 Challenge.  I’m trying to ensure I use what I have before purchasing any new stash.  With that in mind I used recycled blue tissue paper, VOS chipboard, VOS wood and other VOS embellishments to decorate.
Here is my second February Mixed Media Calendar Page …

There is a lot of red and a lot of shimmer and shine! 
A final look

 Created for me and especially for these Challenges


I’m grateful to everyone that shares how they create projects and encourage us to use supplies we already own.  I know some peeps don’t like to and in part I understand that.  However we all need to learn and if we aren’t encouraged or inspired by others we can’t do that.
I used VOS embellishments.  I’ve enlarged a calendar so that it’s easy to mark day and time of an appointment and will add the calendar to the back page.  I’ve decided to make two calendar arches each month.  One I'll keep and use as a 2015 calendar and as technique reminders.  I’m going to use a Tim Holtz D ring to keep the pages together.  The other will be my 2016 calendar and I’ll create three or four A5 monthly pages. I’ll bind thein December creating crafted calendars (extra Christmas presents/stocking stuffers).   
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week ttfn Karen x





Tools:
Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Sketchy A5 Flower Power stamp set
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: Woodgrain
Pallette knife; pot of water; paintbrushes; heat gun

Stash:
Card Paper: cereal box card cut to create arch;
blue tissue paper from a stamping prize parcel I received last week;
snippet white parchment paper left over from another project

Colours Crafters Companion: Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary Aquatints (the flower); Pebeo red acrylic paint
Colours:  Pebeo Vitrail Glass Relief Paste in gold; gold leaf #; DecoArt white gesso

Embellishments: Craftwork Cards chipboard heart #; Red & Gold Friendly Plastic; Prima Wooden Embellishment; green chipboard leaves #; sequin waste #; red glitter card punched heart #; gold accent beads #; red acrylic flowers #

Glues: Maimeri Glossy Gel

# VOS: + 8 years minimum

15 comments:

Sid said...

Another bold & brilliant creation !

Carol said...

I absolutely love this Karen...so many gorgeous features along with all the sparkle and shine...fabulous work. Carol x

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Hi Karen! This is fabulous! The bright red is awesome and the little embellishments are adorable. Beautiful work. X

massofhair said...

Stunning upcycling project, it is important to use what we already have Karen. I have had to dispose of many texture paints, speciality glitters and pastes because i haven't used them and they cannot be salvaged. My fault was keeping to use for special projects. That now stops and ALL my projects are special. Going to enjoy using my older stash as well as my newer projects.

Like your use of bright colours and textures :-) xxx

Linda said...

This is fabulous ... I love the colour! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

Becca Cruger said...

Wow! There's so much textural awesomeness going on here, I don't know where to begin. I really love how you paired the harder elements with those translucent flowers. Such a cool design element!

SARN said...

Goodness me Karen . . . this is truly marvellous.

It's so lush and tactile looking that your picture makes me want to reach out and touch the screen!

TOP MARKS!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

soapHOUSEmama said...

Well this is MOST fabulous!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

TwinkleToes2day said...

A very striking piece, beautifully crafted :o))

Jane said...

Karen, this is beautiful! thank you for joining in the challenge.
Jane x

Fiona Spain said...

This is great.

Tracy said...

Beautiful and bold Karen, thank you for joining us for Craft Stampers Take it Make it challenge xoxox

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Challenge :)

Julia S-W said...

Gorgeous colour and texture on your calendar page! thanks for joining my Tic Tac Toe challenge at Our Creative Corner. Juliax

maggie said...

Love all the texture on your piece.