Thursday, 5 February 2015

Journal page 3 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  
I would like to say welcome to Carol, Danie and Mo (aka Mass of Hair) and I want to say a huge thank you for the lovely comments on my new blog where I am sharing my MM creations and the technique I have learnt and are still learning. 
I lack confidence and I was worried when I started on this new path because it is so different to how I usually create cards and other crafts.  I was worried I would get negative comments and I should know better because there are many a.m.a.z.i.n.g., lovely and awesome crafters in this blog land that are so very complimentary and supportive.  I forget, sometimes, how nice and kind crafters can be.  The kindness of your comments has once again surprised and stunned me so thank you all.
I have a journal page to share with you today and here it is …

The finished page 
All the lovely details 
The main part 
  
Some of those details  
A final look!

Created for me and these Challenges



Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x




Tools:
Visible Image stamps: Butterfly; Speckle Background
Unknown flourish stamp #
Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Joy Crafts flower dies #; Marianne leaves dies #; 
Paint brushes; pot of water for paint; paint pallette; heat gun

Stash:
Card Paper:
A5 white card; snippets white card and DP # used to create peeled paint paper for ‘love’
Snippets Crafters Companion snow white accent card for the heart coloured with DecoArt mixed media fluids
Snippets white card coloured with inks: flowers, leaves and sentiment
Snippets white silk paper

Embellishments: gems from my stash #
Glues: Collall all purpose glue
Other: Versamark IP

Colours: 
WOW Embossing Powder (heart): WS05 Metallic Copper Sparkle
Home made paint spray (to colours flowers and leaves) from The Works acrylic paints (rose and blue)
DecoArt Mixed Media Fluid: Buff; Primary Red
Rub on waxes #

# VOS: very old stash, stamps and tools: +5 years

21 comments:

toni said...

Karen you have created a lovely journal page! Love all the different elements, thankyou for joining us at the ATP Exchange Toni x

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

A beautiful page! The heart looks gorgeous. Thanks for joining the Lisa B Designs challenge.

Carol said...

A beautiful journal page Karen, love the composition and pretty flowers. Carol x

Liz said...

A beautiful journal page. I like how you've down the heart. It looks lovely tucked behind the butterfly and flowers.
Liz - Butterfly Challenge #23, Guest Designer. xx

massofhair said...

Waving back!!! Crafters are usually very encouraging and enjoy seeing others start new ways of playing and expressing themselves, we grow and learn with each breath...

Your page has some wonderful elements and lovely colours which when brought together look fab.

Keep on enjoying and sharing:-) xxx

Bibi at Rubber Dance said...

LOVE-ly page, Karen! The swirls on the heart is gorgeous and I particulary love what yuo did to the love letters (I clicked on the image to get a closer look - awesome!).

I, too, find that crafters are very friendly and supportive. It's always so nice to read comments on my blog and I'm sure we all appreciate that people take the time to leave some lovin' :-)

xox

Sue C said...

Beautiful journal page Karen ! Love the flourishes across the heart ! Thanks for joining us at ATP Exchange. Sue C x

SARN said...

SUPER journal page using lots of snippets up.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Redanne said...

Your page is lovely and that is a great tip about doing the page and then adding it to the journal! Thanks so much for joining in at Inspiration Journal. Anne x

Mrs A. said...

Journaling is not one craft I have done much of but I can appreciate the works of art that go into others making a journal page. This page is no exception.I adore the colours and of course the butterfly. Great compostion. Thankyou for fluttering by my #23.
hugs Mrs A.

Meggymay said...

A beautiful page, the heart with the flourishes looks wonderful. Thank you for joining us at ATP Exchange this time.
Yvonne

Di said...

GREAT journal page Karen and lots of snippets used I see :) It took a while for the peeny to drop that this is your 'other' blog :)

Hugs

Di xx

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful page! The letters look lovely. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

MaryH said...

Hi Karen, Imagine my delight when I realized your new blog is really being done by an 'old CCC friend'! Love your journal page with the delightful Valentine & words & embellies. What a very good idea to make the 'page' then glue onto your actual journal page. I can just see that it would make for a tidier & neat journal, rather than having glue & sprays on each page. Nice to see you are doing a 2nd blog, and I just became a follower here as well. Hope you are doing well. Big hugs. Happy Valentine's Day too. TFS

Toni said...

Hi Karen.... love love love your journal page... That's a great idea of creating the page and then adhering it to your journal page. So many of my pages are wrinkly from being wet and so I am going to do this for my next page... thanks for the inspiration. I love all the elements you chose for this page... Outstanding ! Thanks for playing with us at Unruly PaperArts.

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Awesome journaling! The heart is gorgeous! Xx

Lady E said...

Lovely card, gorgeous colorsI Thank you for sharing with us at Scrap & Craft and Good Luck!\
Lady E Scrap & Craft DT
www.scrapartbyladye.blogspot.co.uk

Julia S-W said...

A lovely journal page which shows just how much you are learning to go with the flow! Love the way all the elements work so well together. I think if I started a journal, this is how I would do it - use a substrate and then add it to a journal.
Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at ATP Exchange. Juliax

Kelly Deal said...

Lovely journal page Karen!

Danie May said...

Such a fun page Karen, loving your combination of elements with all that wonderful texture and dimension. Please do not let your fear/worry of what other people will think or say ever stop you from creating and doing what you love Karen. Enjoy your new journey into MM and thanks for your continued support and sharing your lovely page with us at Unruly this month. Danie xx

Kezzy said...

Oh wow such a fun gorgeous journal page, I love the colours and the texture of the Love. The heart, flowers and butterfly are all wonderful. I know it seems scary at times when starting something new. I can remember when I first ventured out into the world of mixed media and journalling. It is scary but trust me, keep at it, soon you will realise that art journalling is about you, your art. It doesn't matter what people think. I see how much you have put into the page, and how you have enjoyed it, and that is what matters. Just remember it's YOU and YOUR ART, your a true artist and will bloom as you grow. Thank you for joining us at Unruly Paperarts this month. Happy Art :-) Kezzy xxx