Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Journal page 4 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Also I wanted to say hello and welcome to Mary and Rachel who have decided to follow me here as well as on my original blog – I am very honoured ladies – thank you!
I’ve been playing with paints and inks in my journal again, lol!  Rae our fearless tutor Journal HeART group challenged us to create a page without using paintbrushes.  Thank goodness I have some of Imagination Crafts Silkies paints and sponges! 
Anyways here it is …

The RHS  
The page itself
A final look at the two pages

I am much happier with the finished result on this page.  I now know that I prefer my journal pages to have more stamping, inkier or paintier, sometimes with pretty flowers and/or butterflies thrown in.  I want to repeat this page again and go a bit darker &/or brighter.  I love my VI stamps and any chance that I get to play with them I am a very happy bunny lol!
I used Imagination Crafts Silkies to colour an A5 snippet piece of lightweight card (their paints are awesome!).  Once dry I stamped the speckled dots over the top using a VOS pink chalk IP.  Once done I stamped and embossed the beautiful sentiment in the top left hand corner and put the card to one side.
On another snippet card I free hand drew a heart in pencil and coloured it with watercolour paint.  Once dry I stamped and embossed my VI Grunge Corner onto the heart before cutting it out (yes I did cut off part of the stamped image). 
I used a lot of snippets of paper/card that had been coloured with inks which I then threw salt onto before leaving them to dry and putting to one side to use on a future project.  I die cut them and layered them together with a little bling – well it is crafting for me isn’t it? 
I love the sparkle and the really awesome texture that I can achieve when I use dishwasher salt onto coloured paper and card in that way lol!  No wonder I don’t use up much of my DP/PP’s – I have too much fun making my own!

Created for me and Especially for these Challenges
I used the colours plus some red


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x





Tools:
Visible Image stamps: Never Grow Up sentiment set; Grunge Corner; Speckle Background
Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Joy Crafts flower dies #; Marianne leaves dies #; Spellbinder two piece butterfly die #
Paint brushes; pot of water for paint; paint pallette; heat gun

Stash:
Card Paper: snippets white card coloured with old inks; The Works A5 Artist Sketchbook
Crafters Companion: snippets Snow White Accent Centura Pearl card

Colours: Imagination Crafts Silkies: Turquoise Satin; Sunshine Satin; Pearl Satin
Posh Inkabilities Inks were used to colour the card before die cutting #
Ranger Adirondack Pens #; Ranger Distress Embossing Powder #

Embellishments: mini gems from my stash #
Glues: Collall all purpose glue
Other: Versamark IP

# VOS + 8 years minimum and no idea if still available to purchase
  

11 comments:

Carol said...

Fab page Karen, love all the shimmer. You should enter it at Imaginations challenge...theme is always anything goes. Carol x

rachel said...

this is wonderful Karen - love your use of silkies - why not enter the IC challenge too? Big hugs rachel x

Dawn Louise said...

Lovely pages, great to see details up close, the meld of colours is superb. is dishwasher salt a lot different then than other salt.

Anne Bente said...

wawwww så super flot ♥

10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.

knuzzzz ♥

massofhair said...

Lovely page, the Silkies are great aren't they and so easy to stamp over:-) xxx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,thanks for sharing with us at Country View.xxx

brenda said...

A beautiful piece of artwork Karen in a lovely colour palette.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

B x

Claire said...

gorgeous journalling Karen, love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Vintage Stamping Challenges this month
Claire xx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Great journaling! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge this month x

SARN said...

Another super page Karen. I too like my MORE is MORE attitude to my AJ!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

butterfly said...

What a lovely page - that bold heart is lovely with the delicate flower decorations. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Artistic Stamper.
Alison x