Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Just flying by with a tweet birdie ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week going well.  Happy hump day to all of you too – we’re more than half way through the week already.  
Today I’ve a little canvas I created for some challenges to share with you and here it is …

Just a little canvas
A final look

This canvas had a painted background that I wasn’t happy with it.  I tried to clean and remove some of the paint/gesso from the canvas but the colour was still coming through so I decided to stick a white snippet to it.  In fact I was able to use a few white card snippets.  Once it was stuck I covered it with white gesso to give a smooth and non-absorbing base. 
I used my Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean DIP’s to tap onto the canvas to achieve a cold winter sky look.  A snippet of CC Kraft card was stamped with the robin (thank you Darnell – I won a voucher at D’s NBUS challenge before Christmas and I had to have the Scribbly Birds stamps by Dina Wakley ‘cos I’m obsessed with them lol!).  I coloured my cute little robin with acrylic paints using a spatula and my fingers – thanks Rae for the mucky fingers!  Further white card snippets were used to die cut the lovely MB branch die I won from the lovely Miss Pixie’s  Playground Snippet Challenge just before Christmas.  I actually cut it out three times and stuck them together before painting them with white gesso too.  I used white gesso over dried white acrylic paint to give the clouds more texture and finally gesso and clear glitter to add snow to the branches.  I finished this a couple of days ago I’ve not been able to blog it until now. 

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Mine is from the UK using a robin and lots of red white and blue
Lisa B Designs Challenge Inked Background Techniques: I do use white gesso with ink pads a lot because it’s my go to technique when I’m trying to create a sky
PaperArtsy Challenge Topic 3 Paint
An appropriate for me post on PaperArtsy
I’ve used stamps, inks and watercolour paints for a long time but am just starting my MM journey and I’m not sure how comfortable I am with lumps and bumps right now.


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I have to go lie down again now, grr!!!  I really do appreciate that you take time to visit and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x




Tools:
Dina Wakley Scribbly Bird stamp set
Pot of water; paint brushes; heat gun

Stash:
Card Paper: The Works mini canvas; snippets white and kraft card
Colours: The Works acrylic paints; green watercolour pencil; white gesso
Tim Holtz Distress IP Salty Ocean and Tumbled Sky; Tim Holtz Distress EP Vintage Photo #
Embellishments: glitter #
Glues: Collall photo glue
Other: Versamark IP


# VOS no idea if available to purchase as is at least five years old

9 comments:

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

Hi Karen I love this little canvas, it's gorgeous. Thanks for joining the Lisa B Designs challenge.

massofhair said...

Lovely canvas and scribbly birds Karen, like reading how other crafter's get over issues it is always inspiring to me.

Hope your Fibro isn't too bad and you are coping well, I am struggling with the constant temperature changes here. Rest well!

Hugs
No :-) xxx

Carol said...

This is a gorgeous little canvas Karen. Love your scribbly bird with it's wintry background. Carol x

Di said...

Absolutely darling canvas there Karen - you're having such fun aren't you - and it's great to see the MB die in use again :)

Hugs

Di xx

Helen said...

Great canvas - love the way you've coloured the bird,

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire.

Helen x

Pop's Cards said...

This is just so cute, I love the colours too, thanks for joining us at Simon Says Wednesdays challenge this time, hugs Pops x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous canvas Karen! I love the textured background and the robin is so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

PaperArtsy Rubber Stamps said...

Thanks for joining the PA challenge, I thnk your lumps and bumps look marvellous dahhling!! Awesome painty project :)

Kezzy said...

Wow gorgeous, love the bird and snow and the texture is amazing. Happy Art :-) Kezzy xxx