Friday, 13 February 2015

Pink and red mixed media ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and you have fabulous weekend plans.  Today I have a recycled mini canvas to share with you and here it is …
 
Yep - another mini one canvas - love them!  Gorgeous depth 
And I love the effect I got on the heart!
A final look

I got a wee bit bored with the original canvas that I had created so I removed all of the pieces that were on it and, amazingly, damaged the canvas, oops.  So I grabbed a snippet of cheesecloth which I coloured with pink, red and a little green coloured inks and left to dry.  I painted the chipboard heart with white gesso before using pink acrylic paint to colour it and left to dry.  Once the fabric was dry I attached it to the canvas and waited for the glue to set.  I grabbed my only Tim Holtz layering stencil and using a pallette knife put white gesso through the stencil – it’s amazing what you can create with paints and gesso, and I put that aside and left it to dry overnight. 
I used a script stamp to add detail to the heart with a Cranberry Adirondack IP, left to dry, used Distress Stickles on all edges of the heart which has given a lovely subtle shine and texture to the heart, put aside to dry overnight.
Once the canvas was completely dry I used pink and red watered down acrylic paint to colour the fabric and white gesso.  Finally got to stick it all together and I love it!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x




Tools:
Visible Image Revolution stamp set
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil Wood Grain
Paint brushes; pallette knife; pot of water

Stash:
Card Paper: snippet card; snippet cheesecloth fabric #
Colours: The Works acrylic paint and white gesso
Adirondack IP: Cranberry
TH Distress Stickles Worn Lipstick
Embellishments: chipboard heart #
Glues: Maimeri glossy gel

# VOS: plus five years old minimum no idea where I purchased it or if still available

15 comments:

Carol said...

Great transformation Karen, the stencilling on the cheesecloth background looks fabulous. Carol x

Becca Cruger said...

Gorgeous!! Love all the texture and the awesome cheesecloth. Just amazing. THanks for linking it up over at Crafty Gals Corner this week.

Ana K. said...

Beautiful Valentine`s creation!
Thank you for playing with us at Our Creative Corner!
Hugs from Slovenia

Shari Trumbull said...

Hi Karen!! Fantastic save on your 'damaged' canvas! Oh, how I've done things to canvases and just said -OH WELL, I'm stuck now--I guess not with patience and being prepared for fixes :) Your cheesecloth repair is fantastic and this is a fun Tic Tac Toe make for our challenge this month at Our Creative Corner! Thanks for joining us!! XOXO-Shari

Darnell J Knauss said...

A brilliant save, Karen, and a stunning heart on canvas!! It's lovely to visit you! I hope to be able to do it more regularly again as I've missed you! Happy Valentine's Day and weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Sally H said...

A fabulous canvas! What a great save. thanks for joining us at stamping sensations this month and good luck!

massofhair said...

Loving your heart canvas Karen, cheesecloth has a wonderful texture doesn't it and what a fab save. Brilliant project! :-) xxx

Meggymay said...

A fabulous mini canvas. Wonderful textures and heart. Thank you for joining us at the ATP Exchange this time.
Yvonne

Julie B said...

Gorgeous romantic mini work of art.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at STAMPlorations this month. :)

Simon Says Stamp said...

Beautiful piece of work, Karen! The cheesecloth and Tim Holtz wood grain stenciling provides so much great texture!

Thanks for joining our challenge this week!

~Hugs~
Chelsey
Simon Says Stamp

Joan said...

Great canvas, love the stencilling and what a fab heart

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month
Joan

Julia S-W said...

Gorgeous little canvas which just shouts out to be seen! Thanks so much for joining us at ATP Exchange for this challenge. Juliax

Julia S-W said...

Back again! Still love your project.Thanks so much for joining my Tic Tac Toe challenge at Our Creative Corner. Juliax

LauraJane:) said...

Fabulous texture on this project! Thanks for joining the fun at STAMPlorations February challenge!

Eret said...

Very creative piece of art. It's beautiful! Thank you for sharing your wonderful art with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x