Tuesday, 31 March 2015

A card created with many different products ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Once I finished some projects over the weekend I had a little mixed media fluid on my craft mat on my desk and some cream pearl card that I recently found and here is what I whipped up …

  
A 150mm square card and great for posting
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
(use one CI stamp/product: I use one of 3 CI stamp sets I have)


Recently I found a pile of cream coloured pearl card squares and I was scratching my head for a moment as I don’t use that card colour.  A light bulb went off and I think they are the left over’s from my cousins wedding stationery.  They've been in my stash for five or six year’s lol!  So rather than waste my mixed media fluid I grabbed a stencil and foam and added the fluid through the stencil until it was used up.  Once dry I added a thin layer of Pebeo Matt Medium over the mixed media fluid because I was worried it might bleed out.
I also found some Kanban printed card that once again I can’t remember so I’m guessing that I am getting through a lot of old stash as well as working on new techniques and mixed media projects.  Other than Christmas cards too so I am working very hard to use that up as well! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x





Tools:
Crafty Individuals Elements A6 Plate stamp set: CI-234 Bird, Branches & Cages
Retro Café Art Gallery: small Heart Tree stencil
Craft mat; spray bottle of water; paint brushes

Stash:
Card Paper:  cream pearl card #; Kanban card #
Colours:
DecoArt Mixed Media Fluid: burnt umber; primary magenta
Old ink pads: used as watercolours for the background/scene
green and brown felt tip pens
Glues: foam pads

# VOS + 8 years minimum

11 comments:

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What an absolutely charming card! I really love how you combined so many different mediums and techniques. I think the leaves are particularly stunning with their watery look. And it was so clever of you to cover the tree with hearts! I love the mix of leaves and hearts and how you've framed the heart tree as the centerpiece. The whole thing has the look of an exquisite painting and it is dreamy! You did a remarkable job here and I'm so glad you shared this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

Lovely watercolour card Karen, thanks for joining the Lisa B Designs challenge.

SARN said...

Great work here Karent and well done for using up some VOS too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

nefertiti/Sylvie said...

Lovely scene for this square card Karen!
Thanks for joining in CI Challenge this month!
Bises,
Sylvie

rachel said...

this is lovely Karen - so spring like - great tree and altogether a wonderful scene xx

Carol said...

Fab card Karen, you've created a lovely little scene. Carol x

Jean Hardy said...

A great and pretty little scene Karen. Thanks for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge. Jean x

Teresa Kline said...

hello Karen! super cute heart tree, I luv this! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Jo Nevill said...

Many congratulations ! You have just won our challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Please email us at the address in the sidebar of our Challenge Blog and we can explain how you claim your prize.

Happy Shopping !

Jo x

Becca Cruger said...

Oh what a lovely heart tree!! Congrats on your Simon Says Stamp win, my friend!

Deborah Wainwright said...

Beautiful card I love the hearts very affective :) Thanks for playing along at MMW hugs Debs xx