Friday, 6 March 2015

A MM Tag experiment ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and you have lovely weekend plans, TGIF!  I have a mixed media arch to show you today and here it is …

  
Thankfully these arches are for myself 
A final look


This is my second tissue paper background arch created after reading Roni’s how to post sharing and if you want to find out how then please look here.  I followed the post tutorial to create the background and before painting it I looked through my stash to see what I thought would work with the arch to see if I had what colour and themed embellishments needed to be used and found the Friendly Plastic hearts, cherry blossoms, roses and a Sheena flower stamp that I’d previously stamped and embossed onto a snippet of parchment paper and coloured with Aquatints.  I used snippets to die cut three branches and painted with brown mixed media fluid.  I grabbed a bird I’d created with MS moulds and air dry clay last year and added colour and worked out the layout before gluing in place – simples and lot of stash used too!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do over the weekend  ttfn Karen x




Tools:
Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass stamp sets: A5 A Little Bit Sketchy Flower Power
Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Memory Box branch die
Martha Stewart bird mould
Small heart cookie cutter; heat gun; paintbrushes; pot of water

Stash:
Card Paper: cereal box card; tissue paper from a parcel; snippets of card for die cutting

Colours: Spectrum Noir Aquatints Perfectly Primary
DecoArt Mixed Media Fluid: brown; buff; primary yellow
Pebeo red acrylic paint; rub on waxes #
Pebeo outliner gold #

Embellishments: WOC: red roses; cherry blossoms; rose leaves
Red flowers # ; green accent beads # ; Fimo Light air dry clay

Glues: Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue; Maimeri Glossy Gel Medium

Other: Versamark IP


# VOS + 7 years

13 comments:

massofhair said...

Lush project Karen, loving it! :-) xxx

Carol said...

This is so pretty Karen, gorgeous colours and textures...love the moulded bird. Carol x

WendyK said...

A great arch, using some of your stash. It feels good to use some of it up, I need to do that. Thank you for joining us on Artful Times.

Becca Cruger said...

Oh wow!!! The textures and colors on this are amazing. I wouldn't mail them off either! But only because it is so pretty I would want to keep it for myself! Thanks for linking up with Eclectic Ellapu!

soapHOUSEmama said...

This is lovely! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Donna B. said...

Very pretty arch. I love all the texture and rich colors. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning make, love the colours and how you put it all together! Thanks so much for joining us at Mixed Media Monthly!

rachel said...

a gorgeous make again Karen - so very pretty - I'm loving what you're doing with the mixed media work - its wonderful! Big hugs to you! And thanks to you for all your kind words - it all helps! Hugs rachel x

Karen Crossen said...

Love the bird .... I will have to look for that mold!! Thank you for the inspiration and thank you so much for playing along with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Debbie said...

Love the textures and colors! Beautiful project. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Rachel said...

beautiful! those textures with the tissue are amazing. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Sara Barker said...

Hi Karen! I love your beautiful arch! The colors are so pretty, as is the composition! I LOVE the bird! I have no luck using molds with air dry clay; they always curl. I would love it if you could offer me any suggestions...Thank you for visiting my blog, too and leaving your lovely comments! I really appreciate it and feel honored.

Neet said...

Such a pretty arch and I just love the embellishments you have made yourself.
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times.
Hugs, Neet xx