Tuesday, 31 March 2015

A recycled canvas plus snippets ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I’ve another couple of new Followers, hello and welcome to Lesley and Ameera Crafts, I hope you like what you see and if you ever have any questions leave me a comment and I’ll try to get back to you as soon as I possibly can. 
This month seems to have shot by!  I know I’m not blogging as often as I thought I would but I’m not worried about that especially as I am having so much fun just playing with loads of lovely old and new stash! 
Here is the canvas 

  
This is a 5" x 7" canvas 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:


I do have step by step photographs of what I did and how I did it.  If you would like to see let me know and I will do a mini step by step on a blog page above.

When I created the first canvas I was pleased that I had finally managed to get up the courage to create something that wasn’t a card lol!  I actually used one of my favourite stamp sets on that canvas too.  I coloured the canvas with inks and then stamped and heat embossed directly onto it with Sheena’s corner stamp.  I don’t think I’d do that again as it was a nightmare to get a solid stamped image and it’s been a nightmare to get rid of that lol!  Thank goodness for DecoArt white gesso!

This is one of the projects that I have been working on for a while and I finally managed to finish and photograph it yesterday which is why I can now share it with you.  Once again it’s been a learning experience and there are techniques and products I would use and do again but of course there are always things I would never do again!

I like this, yes it is shabby style, but I love the beautiful soft spring colour scheme with punches of richer colours here and there because it was needed.  I love the texture I was able to achieve although I don’t think I’d use the mesh in the same way next time.  Live and learn and much fun I’m having doing so too!  I hope you all like it too and I hope to be back in a couple of days with another creation to share.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do coming Easter weekend ttfn Karen x




Tools:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Memory Box dies: Cherry Blossom; Bare Branch
Marianne Designs Creatable: LR016 Chinese Rolled Rose dies (leaves)
Claritystamp Ltd: mini Hummingbird stamp
Tando Creative: Sequin Waste mask
Martha Stewart mold
Heat gun; palette knife; paint brushes; pot of water

Stash:

Card/Paper/Fabric
The Works 5” x 7” canvas
White mesh fabric from local store
Hobbycraft store: Fimo Air Dry Light Clay
Snippets Crafters Companion A4 Card: Kraft; Centura Pearl Snow White Accents

Colours
That’s Crafty online shop - DecoArt Mixed Media Fluid: primary magenta
That’s Crafty online shop - DecoArt Americana Satin Acrylic Paints: turquoise waters; vanilla shake
WOW EP: WS07 Metallic Rich Gold embossing glitter
The Works Crawford & Black acrylic paints: copper; gold; and silver
Spectrum Noir Aquatints: basic primary set to colour the jigsaw pieces
H20 paints to colour the centre of the cherry blossom flowers

Adhesives & Mediums
That’s Crafty online shop - DecoArt: white gesso
Maimeri modelling medium
Maimeri Glossy Gel
Versamark IP

Embellishments
Dutch Doobadoo: Soft Board Jigsaw Pieces

16 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Karen this is GORGEOUS!! It's so textural and has such great glittery and metallic elements throughout. Stunning work!

SARN said...

Both versions of the canvas are lovely Karen. Good to see you having so much fun while trying out new stuff.

Happy Crafty Easter to you!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Donna B. said...

What a gorgeous canvas! I love how you changed an older one to make it even better. Cute birdie in the corner!! Thanks so much for joining us this month at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Carol said...

A wonderful transformation Karen, lovely colours and lots of gorgeous textures. Carol x

Cheryl W said...

That is an amazing creation, Karen. I LOVE those flowers and all the details (like that little bird). I just don't think I have what it takes to create a multi-media piece, but you rock!

Di said...

Wow Karen, I love both the before and the after! Beautiful work and it looks like you're having such fun.

Hugs and a Happy Easter

Di xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful canvas
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

So pretty! thank you for joining in March's challenge at The Artistic Stamper

massofhair said...

What a fabulous transformation Karen, i have enjoyed seeing the difference in your canvas. the new colours are fantastic as are the new flowers. your bird is very cute, you can see the green on his chest :-) xxx

Sue said...

This is really fab Karen, I love your little bird, and the colours are perfect for Spring. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and enjoy your Easter. Sue xx

Hettie said...

This is lovely Karen. I like it first time round too.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs
xx

Debbie said...

Beautiful. Love the transformation. The colors look wonderful! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Rachel said...

fantastic canvas! great re-do! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Redanne said...

The transformation and change in colours is beautiful, the little bird is so sweet too. Thanks so much for joining in at Inspiration Journal. Anne x

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful spring inspired canvas! Lovely layers of colors with the pretty flowers. Thanks for joining in the Pastel challenge with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Yvonne said...

Beautiful work on your canvas and good attention to detail. Thank you for joining us over at the PanPastel Challenge and good luck. Yvonne PanPastel DT xx