Monday, 16 March 2015

A recycled zodiac inspired journal page ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good and your week has started well.  Debs at Lylac Sparkles is hosting a monthly mixed media challenge about the signs of the Zodiac.  There are lots of already documented mixed media techniques I want to try and I wanted to have a play session with some ideas of my own and I’ve some ideas of my own that I wanted to try out too.  There are quite a few recycling challenges at the moment and pairing those with the Zodiac challenge piqued my interest.  Here is the finished journal page …

An A4'ish page  
The first attempt that I didn't like 
But then I turned it over! 
A final look at the finished page.

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:

 * whilst moving and re-organising my craft room I came across a bound folder I created years ago.  It’s about 20cm x 25cm.  It was created with Bazzill card, We Are Memory Keepers DP’s and Craftwork Cards chipboard.  I knew I wouldn’t use it for what I originally created it for so I decided to take it apart and recycle all of it which means it is perfect to enter into the recycling challenges at PaperArtsy and Our Creative Corner along with some other challenges – yippee!!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x





Tools:
Lisa B Designs Online Shop: Cardio Majestix Oriental Blossom stamp set
Inspired by Stamping online shop: Little Flowers stamp set
Clarity Stamp Ltd: seahorse; small and large tropical fish; tropical fish
Paintbrushes; pot of water; spray water bottle with

Stash:
Card Paper: recycled Bazzill card; A4 Crafters Companion black card
Glues: Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue

Colours:
Ranger Adirondack IP: Denim
Ranger: Distress IPs: faded jeans; pine needles
Ranger Perfect Pearls: perfect copper; perfect bronze; forever green; sunflower sparkles; perfect pearl
That’s Crafty Online Shop: DecoArt Americana Multi Surface Satin Acrylic paint: deep turquoise; turquoise waters; vanilla shake; flamingo
The Works: white acrylic paint

Sakura: opaque white gel pen

14 comments:

Deborah Wainwright said...

Hi Karen, this is an amazing page. I love all the layers and texture you have used to create the bottom of the sea, and the fish etc look amazing. Thank you for entering the Zodiac Challenge big hugs Debs xxx

massofhair said...

Thank you for joining in with our Challenge at Mixed Media World Karen, gorgeous page so much movement and the fish are amazing.

Mo:-)
DT MMW

rachel said...

gorgeous page Karen - love those fishes - brilliant! Hope you are doing okay special lady! Big hugs Rachel x

Carol said...

This is a fabulous journalling page Karen, I love the colours and wonderful stamps. Carol x

MaryH said...

Yep, I AM a follower here. Popped over to check, and enjoyed your superb underwater scene. I should start trying to do this, as I enjoyed reading about the techniques you've employed to create this water scene. The seabed was so textured & realistic...brilliant idea the way you've achieved it. Looking forward to seeing what you create here. TFS

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Karen, what a wonderful underwater scene, I just love all the sea creatures and your colours are fantastic. Very artistic, wish I could do these wonderful techniques, hugs Kate x

Kelly Deal said...

Beautiful journal page Karen!

Lys Scrap said...

A fresh journal page, the sea horses and fishes are so cute! thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner.

Sue said...

This is lovely Karen, beautiful stamping. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

n1sunrider said...

This is GORGEOUS!
Ivette

Brenda said...

Wow Karen, these are just beautiful. I think you have found your happiness. Love your water scenes, they really look like it is underwater. Hugs, Brenda

SARN said...

Fantastic inky page Karen. Keep up the good work.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sandra said...

Gorgeous under water scenery! Love the stunning background! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Tincan Crafter said...

Thanks for entering this into the Junk in your Trunk challenge at Our Creative Corner. What a lovely project! - Candice (aka Tincan Crafter) -