Friday, 20 March 2015

A sparkly gift for our box of gifts ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and your weekend has started well.  Sadly I’ve not been able to sort through as much stash as I hoped this week but I’m trying to console myself with the fact that any sorting helps in the long run.

Earlier this week my embossing buddy ran out so I had to plead, um have a word with DH and was told to get one and and spend enough to get free the P&P.  I ordered an embossing buddy, a pot of IC MDF paint and an IC panel stencil from a website on Wednesday afternoon it arrived Thursday morning – yay!   Because of that I finally finished one of my projects earlier than I expected and I photographed them last night – yippee!  
So today I have a ‘thing’ to share with you.  I’m trying to create one or two ‘things’ every month and once they are made put them in a box so that we have special gifts for a birthday or Christmas.  We’re hoping that by beginning of December this year they’ll be lovely hand created gifts for family and/or friends. 
Anyways here is the really pretty ‘thing’ I created, and I think, that DH is going to try and steal because he likes it so much …

 
I used two layers of the MDF paint 
Such a pretty outcome - very happy with it! 
 
I created some dark pink wildflowers in the middle of the panel and bluebells either side!
A final look


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope to visit you all soon.  I also hope you get time to do what you love to do this weekend ttfn Karen x




Tools:
Imagination Crafts Woodland Flower Panel Stencil
Ranger Cut N Dry Foam Pad; paint brushes; pot of water

Stash:
Imagination Crafts:  MDF Frame & Charm set
Imagination Crafts Silkies paint: turquoise satin; sunshine satin; firecracker satin; pearl satin;
Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium: Diamond
Imagination Crafts MDF Paint: Baltic Blue


Glue: masking tape

7 comments:

massofhair said...

Beautiful card Karen, love the sparkle from the Silkies! :-) xxx

Lisa J said...

A stunning, sparkly creation. Thank you for joining us this fortnight. Lisa DT Scribble & Scrap Challenge

Carol said...

This is so pretty Karen, great use of the stencil and gorgeous colours. Carol x

Becca Cruger said...

Oh this is so lovely! Glitter is my favorite thing ever and you've definitely captured the fresh spirit of spring in this design! I'm glad your hubby said yes to a new Embossing Buddy! Thanks for sharing with us at Eclectic Ellapu!
Becca
Damsel of Distressed Cards

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so gorgeous, I like the flowers,Thank You for playing along with us at Scrap & Craft this time, hope to see you again, Good Luck.
Kevin Scrap & Craft DT xx

Donna Idlet said...

Pretty card. Thanks for joining Mema's Crafts challenge.

Asha said...

What a lovely project, Karen! Thanks for joining the “Anything Goes” challenge at Eclectic Ellapu.
hugs Asha