Tuesday, 3 March 2015

An alphabet miniature (very photo heavy) ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I have another new follower – welcome Corgi Dusty.  I hope you like what you see here and if you ever have any questions please leave me a comment and if I'm able to get in touch with you I will do so.
Last Sunday I had a lot of fun playing with new stash, old stash and new to me techniques!  Just to warm you in advance this is a long post so you might want to go and grab a drink and get comfortable as there are a lot of photographs. 
I have partly photographed all the different steps because I wanted to make sure that I could replicate the result if I liked/loved or hated it.  I've learnt that if I remember to take photos I learn a lot quicker and when I check those photo/s on the camera screen I become aware that I feel it's missing something and I know to push myself on a little further.  
Today I have a miniature to share with you and first is the reverse … 
Three little triptychs: a lot of ink and paint went into creating the backgrounds
All tied up into one piece - I'm still not sure about the grosgrain but I left it for now
When they're stood upright 
 
Two of those arches side by side
Here is the front …
A lot of stamping went on this side
Stood upright 
Side view
  
Two of the arches side by side 
I think the little house is stinking cute!
And here is the original inky ‘mop up’ paper which was the nearest paper for me to grab because there was too much water to my craft mat …
 
LHS How it started - I had planned to throw it away lol!
RHS I added white acrylic paint which I weakened with water
Next I outlined the stencil with a Letraset ProMarker
The super cute wee Tando chipboard house
A final look 
And a final look at the front

I created this piece for me and the following Challenges:
I decided to use an alphabet stencil onto an inky mop up page because of an Alphabet Soup challenge, then the Miniatures challenge was announced and I received my gorgeous Tando chipboard arches and I thought I will create something with those for the Alphabet Soup, and Miniatures challenges.  Then I saw the new themes at Country View, Pan Pastel and Tando Creative, and wondered if I could create something that would encompass all of them.  So I decided to create something that is both pretty and small mixed media style. 
A long time ago I was introduced to creating miniatures by Lin Brown when she had the Olney stamp shop.  The PaperArtsy challenge reminded me of workshops I did there and how much I enjoyed creating miniatures which I either kept or gave as small gifts to friends and family.
I am cold and fed up of winter!  I hope spring is on its way with sunshine and warm weather. I’m also using much brighter and lighter colours right now – this time of the year inspires me to do so.  I really loved creating this, maybe a little too much too lol!  I’m going to dig out some old stash and create some more miniatures – I seem to be a little obsessed with them right now. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x




Tools:
Stamps: Visible Image Revolution stamp set (the script again lol)!
We Do Doobadoo 12” square Stencil
Pot of water; paint brushes; heat gun

Stash:
Card Paper: light grey ingress paper # (sprayed with my own shimmer spray inks created with Inkabilities inks – really old!)
Colours: DecoArt Mixed Media Fluids: brown; buff; primary yellow
Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary Aquatint Inks
Ranger Products: Distress IPs: Salty Ocean; Picked Raspberry; Perfect Pearl powder
Dee Gruenig Inkability Inks #; Pebeo Acrylic Paints: pale pink; The Works white acrylic paint; Letraset ProMarker pink
WOW Glitter EP: black twinkle; metallic copper sparkle; passion fruit; metallic brass
Embellishments: Tando Creations Chipboard Mini House and Mini Arches
The Works gems; grosgrain ribbon from my stash #; paper flower embellishments #
Glues: Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue
Other: Versamark IP

# VOS + 7 years minimum

11 comments:

rachel said...

fab tryptych Karen - alot of work but a lot of fun I think and a great result! Big hugs rachel x

Carol said...

Another brilliant inky project nailed Karen...this looks fabulous. Love the little arches and house. Carol x

Julia S-W said...

Fabulous little inky/painty houses Karen! Love that you have worked on both sides too. Lots of lovely little details to see.Thanks so much for joining us at ATP Exchange. Juliax

Kelly Deal said...

Love your triptychs! So pretty!

massofhair said...

Fabulous miniatures Karen, can see all your hard work, your project is amazing and you have used many different techniques which is always fun in itself :-) xxx

Diane said...

Super cute idea and love how they turned out.

Hugs diane

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Stunning creation, Karen.

Meggymay said...

A fantastic project with lots of wonderful techniques and details. Thank you for joining us at ATP Exchange.
Yvonne

PaperArtsy Rubber Stamps said...

Those little Tando arch frames are perfect for this! Love how you managed to retrieve your papers and put them to good use! Lovely spring vibe to this too! Just what we need :0)

Karen Gist said...

ooo these are totally gorgeous Karen!!!!!! It looks like you have had so much fun with our arches :-D Thank you so much for linking them to Tando my lovely xxx

Kaz said...

I love what you've made with the mini arches! Simply gorgeous! Thanks for joining in with Tando.