Thursday, 5 March 2015

An inky MM card ...

Hello lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. A new follower: welcome AJ.  I’m honoured you’ve decided to follow me on my new MM journey!  I hope you like what you see and if you’ve any questions please ask and I’ll get back to you if I can.  If you get a chance pop on over to Rutabaga Pie Designs Blog – AJ has awesome colouring skills!
I think I’ve a mixed media card to share with you today and I didn’t expect to be saying that when I decided to push myself creating differently and not allowing myself to become obsessed with achieving the ‘right/perfect’ stamping and colouring so I’m not sure if this is MM.
I created my own mica sprays with inks and Perfect Pearls to create the LHS background panel, Inkability inks to create the RHS panel, watercolour, inks and felt tips to create the stamped panel.  I’m hoping that falls in the MM theme lol!  Yet I’m happy with how the finished result and hopeful it’s MM, anyways enough of my waffle, let me know what you all think …

 
An A6 tent fold good to post 
The stamped bit
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
I’m trying to use new inky snippets immediately because I’ve a folder of papers and cards created by me backgrounds.  Before I started the mixed media journey I was experimenting with inks, paints and sprays for my card art.  The backgrounds on this card are from play sessions and I’ve lots that are speckled, splattered and lightly shimmered.  Some of them started out as a mop up sheet that I’ve added more to with stamps, stencil/s, paint/s and inks.  
The stamped image was another experiment.  I used watercolour paints to create a background and felt tip markers/pens to colour the stamps and spraying the whole stamp with a very light mist of water prior to stamping it.  That is such an easy technique and your can get multi coloured images so easily yay!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week ttfn Karen x





Tools:
SU stamp set #
SU bird stamp #
Empty spray bottles (local Boots); spray bottle with water; pipettes; paint brush; pot of water

Stash:
Card/Paper: A4 Crafters Companion Centura Snow White Accents to create base; thin white card (local stationers); snippets white card for inky play sessions; light grey ingress paper # (sprayed with my own shimmer spray inks created with Inkabilities inks – really old!)

Colours: Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary Aquatint Inks; Perfect Pearl powder from Ranger Perfect Pearls; Ranger Inkability Inks #; Tesco felt tip marks
Distress IPs: Vintage Photo; Dried Marigold; Scattered Straw


Glues: Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue

# VOS + 7 years, no idea if still available to purchase

9 comments:

Carol said...

Fabulous MM card Karen, great image and wonderful inkyness! Carol x

Kelly Deal said...

Beautiful card!

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

Fab card Karen, the background looks great. Thanks for joining the Lisa b Designs challenge.

massofhair said...

Anything that includes more than one medium is a mixed media piece, so i have been told. My understanding is that there is more to it but who am i to argue lol.

LOVING your home made sprays, your colour palette is perfect and i adore your bird, he fits into your background so well.

Congrats on a fantastic card :-) xxx

Joyce Erb said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at The Mod Squad Challenge this week.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful springy card! Love that bird and your card. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful card, Karen, It is just perfect with perfect stamping and layering. Love it!!
Thanks so much for joining us again at Artistic stamper this month.

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous make! Love what you did here and thanks so much for joining us at Countryview challenges!

chanya13 said...

Fabulous creation with lovely colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations Challenge. Agnieszka DT