Monday, 23 March 2015

Another MM bird Tag ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good and your week has started well.  Today I have another MM Arch to share with you and here is how I coloured the original arch and created the coloured card that I stamped and embossed the bird onto …
 
I started out with a cereal box arch which I added gesso onto,
 I mixed Perfect Pearls into white acrylic paint which created this rose pinkish colour. 
The dried arch was a little too orange in colour so I grabbed the pink paint and added a light wash of colour that I darkened as I went further down the page.  Once dry I wanted a bling arch so I added Dreamweaver gold embossing paste through my Sequin Waste stencil (Tando).  I then left it overnight to make sure it was dry before moving onto the next steps.

I stamped the bird cage onto some recycled white tissue paper and blast it before adhering it to the arch with the Maimeri medium.

A final look!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
(use one CI stamp/product: I use one of 3 CI stamp sets I have)
Frilly & Funkie Challenge Bring On The Bling: plenty on this cute creation
Pan Pastel Challenge #6 Alter It: cereal boxes and tissue paper

I’m having lots of fun learning MM basics and techniques from Roni but this arch is about me and the fun I’m having finding out what I like, what works well for me and what doesn’t.   When I was halfway through this project I was not 100% happy.  So I went back and played more but using colours, stamps and embellishments that I really like and love.  A fabulous bonus is that I used some very old stash too!


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x





Tools:
Crafty Individuals stamp set: Elements A6 Plate CI-234 Birds, Branches & Cage stamp set

Inspiration Journal On-Line shop: Dina Wakley Scribbly Bird stamp set (thank you Darnell)

Tando Creative: Sequin Waste stencil (thank you Tando Creative Challenge)

Martha Stewart butterfly mould (thank you DH)

Heat gun; pallette knife; pot of water; paintbrushes

Stash:

Card Paper:
Cereal Box card
Tissue paper from a parcel
Page from an old journal I am recycling, see here for the full post and pictures of before #

Colours:
That’s Crafty DecoArt Americana Multi Surface Satin Acrylic paint: deep turquoise; turquoise waters; vanilla shake; flamingo

That’s Crafty DecoArt Mixed Media Fluid: raw umber

The Works Crawford & Black acrylic paints: ultra marine; brown; copper; rose; white

Ranger Perfect Pearls Pigment Powders: perfect bronze; perfect gold; copper; forever violet; perfect pearl #

Gold Dreamweaver Embossing Paste #

Embellishments:
Cotton lace #; pink grosgrain ribbon
Butterfly created with Fimo Air Dry Light Paper Clay

Glues:
Double sided tape; foam pads; Stix 2 Hot Glue Gun (thank you Brenda)

Other:  Maimeri Gloss Gel (thank you Pan Pastel Challenge)


# VOS + 5 years minimum

11 comments:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Wow, beautiful mixed media creation, Karen!!

Jean Hardy said...

I do love arches and you have used lots of fun techniques on this one. Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge. Jean x

Carol said...

This is fabulous Karen, love the texture and colours here. Carol x

Wanda Hentges said...

Wonderful arch!!!

Coco said...

Your arch is absolutely adorable Karen... Gorgeous techniques and materials used here too, old or not, recycled or not, it really doesn't matter, all this makes art! Thank you for joining in the CI challenge this month. Coco xx

nefertiti/Sylvie said...

A very beautiful arch Karen! So lovely!
Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge this month.
Bises,
Sylvie

Kaz said...

This is so pretty. Thanks for joining in with Tando this month.

Scrapmate said...

What a pretty arch!

Buttons said...

Such a beautiful project Karen! Love the gold stencilling. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Cec said...

Super project. Love the shimmer with the gold embossing paste. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Mrs A. said...

I can tell you had fun making this arch which is what it is all about. Loving those colours after you havd toned them down a bit. I so love that butterfly addition. Happy Easter to you. Hugs Mrs A.