Sunday, 29 March 2015

Christmas Card Club #7 Mo's Choice Feature a Critter/s ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  It was nice and sunny for a change this morning although the wind was blowing a holey!

This fortnight has shot by and I have been busy creating things for challenges and other secret squirrel stuff lol!  I made the time yesterday to whip up a Christmas card because it’s our lovely Mo’s choice this fortnight and we were challenged to feature a critter or more.  I used a snippet of Centura Pearl Snow White to create the topper/stamped panel, snippets of white and cream card to die cut the deer’s which I watercoloured with an old ink pad.  I created the background with my torn paper masks, Pan Pastels, Visible Image trees and winter tree stamp set, and old Adirondack ink pads.  It was a quick creation which looks good and is great for posting.  I’m going to spend some time whipping up some Pan Pastel winter landscapes ready for stamping so that I have a pile of snowy scenes ready and waiting – they are one of my favourites to create.  So here is my latest Christmas card …

One more created & great for posting 

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do next week ttfn Karen x




Tools:
Visible Image: winter tree stamp; fir tree stamp set
Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Memory Box deer die
Paper Masks; Pan Pastel Sofft Tools; paintbrushes; pot of water

Stash:
Card Paper: Kanban card #; snippet Crafter’s Companion Centura Pearl snow white accents card; snippet DP matt #; snippets of white and cream card for die cutting
Colours: Pan Pastels; SU grunge/vintage colour mini ink pads #
Adirondack IP’s:
Glues: Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue

# VOS: + 8 years minimum no idea if still available to purchase

  

18 comments:

rachel said...

ooo fab die - I love this card Karen - brilliant make! Hugs rachel x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous Christmas card and I love the family of deer too.
Lorraine

Mrs A. said...

I love this Karen. A super card and love the scene you have created for the stag and grazing deer. hugs Mrs A.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Karen
Fabulous card... Love the deer....
Hugs Sylvie xxx
Hope you are well ...

Di said...

Beautiful card Karen - you really created a gorgeous scene with the trees. The stag and his family are gorgeous too - I have that die and have never thought beyond just using it in a white on white card. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Hugs

Di xx

massofhair said...

Super Xmas card, loving your deer die and how 3D your scene looks, another one for our challenge at MMW?

Mo:-)
DT MMW

Carol said...

You've created a wonderful scene Karen, this is a gorgeous card. Carol x

Becca Cruger said...

You're so good at creating such gorgeous scenes! This is such a great masculine card - which I am so not good at doing.

scrappymo! said...

This is lovely, Karen. Your background is wonderful and those deer are stunning!

brenda said...

A lovely card for our Allsorts theme this week Karen and also a perfect masculine card for Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in at both.

B x

Christine Harrop said...

A great Christmas card Karen. Love all your deer. Have a good day. Christine xx

SARN said...

LOVE you reindeer scene. FAB. OOOH, can't wait to see what you've been up to with your Secret Squirrelling!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Jingle said...

This is very pretty. The deer look wonderful. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Samantha said...

Lovely card, Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Jo Channon said...

This is a lovely project and perfect for this weeks Challenge at Allsorts. Thankyou for joining in Jo x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 222 - hope to see you again soon x

Jean said...

I love the snowy scene you have created here. Fabulous grouping of the deer.
Jean x

Zoe Tant said...

Fab critter card Karen and you're right what a super die. Zx