Monday, 30 March 2015

For the Christmas present box ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was great and your week has started well.  Last week I got another of my Imagination Crafts MDF Frame and Charm packs out to decorate because I love them and enjoy altering them a lot.  Here is the finished project … 

It's a 150mm square MDF board 
 
They have gorgeous texture 
On the RHS the sparkle is much more IRL - I really hope mum I'll like it!

I just realised not stamping!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
ABC Christmas Challenge F for Frosty
Darnell’s NBUS Challenge #4: I’ve had these plaques for at least three years!


I wanted to try something different with one of my Imagination Crafts MDF Frame and Charm packs which contain:
150mm MDF square charm pack, the MDF shapes pop out of it;
150mm MDF frame with a square (50mm) aperture which pops out;
150mm MDF square backing piece; and
43mm square piece.

It’s already good value but I wanted to use in the best and frugal way lol!  I’ve hung onto the 150mm square MDF charm piece and I have used it as a stencil for this project.
I painted the 150mm square MDF piece with the MDF Baltic Blue paint which just happened to be ideal for the project I have been thinking about doing for the last week or two.  I put to one side to dry and added another layer of the paint, IC’s MDF paint does dry quickly so I only had to wait about 15 minutes before adding the second coat of paint.  I had other projects I needed to do and I didn’t have the time to do more until the next day.
I attached one piece of ombré satin ribbon with masking tape and put a couple of dots of Collall Tacky Glue underneath to make sure it stuck. 
On my craft mat I mixed Turquoise Satin and Blue Brocade Silkie paints with Diamond Sparkle Medium.  I attached the MDF charm stencil with Washi tape and I used a stencil brush through the stencil.  I covered the bottom of the first ribbon with it and filled the rest of the bauble with the sparkly paint paste. 
I left it to dry thoroughly (overnight) before moving onto the second bauble and ribbon.  Once all of the baubles were dry I tied some tiny ribbon bows and attached them to hide the top of the ribbon and used a piece of foam to add Diamond Sparkle Medium around the edges of the 150mm square MDF plaque.  It took a little time but I think it was worth it and I’m pretty sure my mum will love it.


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x

                     

Tools:
Imagination Crafts stencil/charm holder; paint brushes; pot of water; pallette knife; foam

Stash:
Imagination Crafts: 010 Dove MDF Frame and Charm set

Colours
Imagination Crafts: MDF Baltic Blue paint
Imagination Crafts: Turquoise Satin and Blue Brocade Silkies
Imagination Crafts: Diamond Sparkle Medium

Glues:
Washi tape
Collall Tacky Glue

Embellishments:
Blue Ombré ribbon from the stash I won from Hazel, at least two years ago


7 comments:

Carol said...

I'm sure your Mum will love it too Karen, it's a wonderful piece. Carol x

massofhair said...

Lucky Mum Karen i am sure she will LOVE her plaque. Glorious sparkle and fab colours:-) xxx

rachel said...

this is awesome Karen - it looks fabulous! Sure its going to be loved to bits! Love the frosty look especially! Big hugs Rachel x

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely! Like the color and the sparkle your Mum will like it too.

Samantha said...

Oh fabulous card love the colours and the frosty feel too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Darnell J Knauss said...

I want to start with a huge apology, Karen, for taking so long to visit you and thank you for playing in my NBUS Challenge #4. Life and Easter got in the way of my visits! Your card is spectacular with all that dimension and the color and sheen are divine!

Enjoy your day and thank you again, my friend!! Hugs, Darnell

Lexie said...

Such a great project. It's lovely. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx