Friday, 13 March 2015

March Tag #1 ...

Hello lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has been good.  I’m not sure quite how my week disappeared so quickly lol!  I’ve been busy sorting my stash and trying to arrange my workroom into some semblance of order.  Once I’ve sorted, shrank and recycled the stash I intend to start on sorting and shrinking my clear, rubber and wood mounted stamps.  I tried to make some time to play and experiment mixed media techniques too and today I’ve my first calendar page to share with you and here it is …

 
So much fun with stamps, ink, paint and moulds - yipee!!!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:

* The topic about PaperArtsy Topic #5 is Deconstruction.  I read the post carefully as I’ve never heard of that word.  Whilst reading the post and looking at Julie-Ann’s project I started to get rather excited, lol!  

Last week I kept an empty cereal box for recycling.  The card is thicker and perfect for learning new techniques especially as I am heavy handed with water, inks and paints.  I’m also using them for 2016 mixed media calendar pages – they stand up to taking a lot of media and heavy embellishments.  I’m excited about learning Mixed Media and pushing myself to try different techniques and different materials.  I am extremely grateful to Roni, Mo, and Debs and other mixed media artists for sharing their creations, awesome encouragement and sharing tips and techniques with me – I am forever grateful.
  
A couple of weeks DH had to go into Waitrose to get milk and bread and whilst we were in there a box of table embellishments caught my eye.  I got into trouble for putting them in the shopping basket!  He thought I wanted them to decorate the dining table with, lol!  He should know by now that they were meant for my creations and the above challenges lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x





Tools:
Sheena Douglass A5 A Little Bit Scenic Silhouette Grasses stamp set
Martha Stewart Silicone Bird & Branch moulds
Paintbrushes; pot of water

Stash:
Card Paper: recycled cereal box card to make the arch
Colours: Ranger Archival IP: Library Green; DIP: Scattered Straw
Pebeo Acrylic paint: blue & white
DecoArt Mixed Media Fluid: brown; buff
Embellishments: Waitrose felt bunny rabbit; yellow flowers #
Glues: Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue
Other: Martha Stewart brown air dry clay

# very old stash at least eight years old and no idea where I purchased them originally

26 comments:

massofhair said...

Awww so lovely of you to give me a mention Karen, i never know if my posts are too long or too detailed so it's lovely to get some positive feedback.

It is very clear you are embracing playing with mixed media in a big way. Love your upcycling and felt embellies very much.

Now with my DT hat on i would like to say Thank You for taking part in our Challenge & hope to see you again very soon.

Mo:-) x
DT MWW

Scrapmate said...

This is a stunning calendar page. I love the scene, the 3D elements and the general look of the page.

Julie Ann Lee said...

What a beautiful, 3 dimensional project. I love the depth of it and the texture. Thank You for the 'shout out'. I am glad I inspired you. xx

hazel said...

A wonderful calendar page, I love all the different textures and the bunnies are so cute.
xxx Hazel.

TwinkleToes2day said...

What very cute critters you have for your March page, there's no choosing between them, they are all perfect. I love the dimension you achieved and the colours are just right for Spring too :o))

Carol said...

Another gorgeous calendar page Karen, this is so cute with the bird and rabbits. Carol x

Inky and Quirky said...

This is fab Karen,happy to see you're enjoying dabbling in mixed media,it's such a fun thing to do ;)
Thanks for joining us at MMW and good luck
Big hugs
Donna xxx

thassos456 said...

Fab page, love the bird :)

toni said...

Hi Karen sounds like you are having great fun exploring mixed media! This piece is lovely! Love all the different media and techniques you have used, love the moulded bird and those cute rabbits, essentials of spring! Thank you for joining us at the ATP Exchange, toni x

Hazel Agnew said...

Lovely post and beautiful work!

Elaine said...

What a lovely scene you've created and I love your bird and bunnies!!

rachel said...

this is absolutely stunning Karen - I adore it! Good luck with all those challenges - I'm not in the swing of challenges just yet! Will get there soon - maybe xx Rachel xx

Donna B. said...

What a great calendar page! I'm loving the scene you created and the fun embellishments. Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Fiona Spain said...

Fab page.

Annie said...

Such a gorgeous project with stunning textures. It's lovely to have you join in with our Springtime challenge at ATP Exchange
Best wishes
Annie x

Crafty Claire said...

It's truly lovely. You really need to look at the close ups to see how much detail there is x

MaryH said...

Karen, this is a lovely bit of work. You are a dab hand with this mixed media art, and this one is especially to my liking (birds ya know!). Good idea to use the cereal box cardboard so thanks for that tip. Loved the way you've done the branch & sky with the fluffy clouds. Good luck with your sort out. I'm trying to do a little of that (very little...need to stay at it for several hours. but my goal is to try to accomplish at least part of one thing at a time - while not buying any more schtuff!) Hope that you had a great Sunday and are feeling tip-top. TFS

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful creation. Those dimensional embellishments are fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Karen Crossen said...

I love this! I love the bird and the bunny! So adorable! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!

Fuzzie Fingers said...

This is such a beautiful project.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a beautiful page, great details.

Lucy Edmondson said...

Beautiful calendar page!

Lucy x

Debbie said...

Really cute! Love the use of the resin bird. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challege!

Julie Wheatman said...

This is a lovely page love the background stamping and the use of mixed media for embellishments.

Deborah Wainwright said...

Hi Karen I love your beautiful make. Very spring like. I love the tiny butterflies and the rabbits and bird are fab. Thank you for playing along with MMW. Xx also a big thanks for the mention Debs xxx

Rachel said...

those molds look like fun, and i love the scene you created! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com