Friday, 13 March 2015

Spring Colours with a Mixed Media Arch ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and you have awesome plans for the weekend.  Today I have a mixed media arch to share with you and here it is …

 
Very much my style of mixed media 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:

* The topic about PaperArtsy Topic #5 is Deconstruction.  I read the post carefully as I’ve never heard of the word before the challenge started.  Once again I’ve used empty cereal box packaging to cut out into an arch.  I followed Ink Stain Roni’s tutorial for creating the background for her June calendar page.  I followed the step by steps to create the background but then I switched to my style of adding decorative details and decorations to this page.  I wanted to use lovely soft warm spring colours as well as lace, ribbon and roses.  I used the small butterfly and gorgeous orchid stamp from one of my Inspired by Stamping stamp sets.  Throwing in some lace and ribbon I created a really feminine piece, which fits me and my style perfectly lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do over the weekend ttfn Karen x




Tools:
Cuttlebug Die Cutting machine
Spellbinders Large Classic Circle & Large Scalloped Circle Die sets
Inspired by Stampin: Australian Nature 1 stamp set
Paintbrushes; pot of water; spray bottle with water

Stash:
Card Paper: snippets of white card for stamping onto and green pearl paper to create a mat; recycled cereal box to create the arch; ‘free’ DP/PP’s from magazines
Colours: Felt tip pens for stamping the orchid, Vintage DP for stamping the butterfly; felt tips for colouring the butterfly

That’s Crafty Shop: DecoArt Americana Multi Surface Satin Acrylic Paint: vanilla shake; flamingo; turquoise waters

Embellishments: WOC mini roses; grosgrain ribbon # ; cotton lace #
Glues: Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue; double sided tape

# VOS + 5 years minimum

13 comments:

rachel said...

such a pretty make Karen - this is really gorgeous! Big hugs Rachel xx

massofhair said...

Hi Karen sorry didn't get back earlier re Debs blog i was out at a birthday dinner. She has changed her blog name as you found, also none of her links work in Pinterest. She is hoping to have all sorted very soon.

Like your recycling projects, another beautiful arch :-) xxx

Eileen Dobson said...

Karen, absolutely gorgeous.

Carol said...

This one is so pretty Karen, I love what you've done here. Carol x

toni said...

It's spring all the way with this fabulous piece! Very pretty and delicate. Thank you for joining our Spring challenge at the ATP . Toni x

Annie said...

This is a gorgeous MM arch Karen and your attention to detail is fabulous. Thank you for entering our Springtime challenge at ATP Exchange and best wishes

Annie x

Sandra said...

wonderful piece! Love pretty background! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Joanna M - Inspired by Stamping said...

Very beautiful Karen! Hugs, Joanna

Tincan Crafter said...

This is so feminine and soft and gorgeous. Thanks for entering it into the Junk in your Trunk challenge at Our Creative Corner. It is going to inspire loads of spin-offs I am sure. - Candice (aka Tincan Crafter)

SARN said...

Very feminine and pretty xxx

Rocky said...

Hi Karen, I've signed up to follow your adventures in mixed media, love what I've seen so far!

Hettie said...

Very pwetty Karen. I have just been having a good rummage at your stuff....very nice.
Hugs
xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

That's beautiful!

Lucy x