Thursday, 30 April 2015

A CAS card Mixed Media style ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Well my title says it all today.  I have a card I’ve created following a challenge sketch.  I was playing with a NBUS set of Sheena Douglass stamps, my lovely Stamplorations stamps, acrylic paint, a Staz On IP and a die cut scrap of paper to create my own mask.  Here it is …

 
An A6 card this time! 
I love turquoise blue and white - it's a fresh combination 
  
That gorgeous flourish stamp and such useful word stamps too!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
I don’t ‘do’ CAS cards normally yet I loved creating this one!


When I saw the sketch at Stamplorations I really, really, really wanted to play along.  However I originally had the idea that I would die cut a piece of DP and stick it to the card and then over stamp and heat emboss.  Last night I finally had the time to whip up a couple of cards.  I had the Spellbinder’s Classic Circle dies out because I had used them on the card I created for the DCWV challenge.  There was a lot of wet supplies on my desk and the Americana acrylic paint was one of those supplies and I had a ‘what if’ moment lol!  So I die cut a circle from a scrap of old paper which was going to be recycled and I grabbed stencil tape, Cut N Dry Foam, a snippet of white card, and the DecoArt Americana acrylic paint.  Once I had applied the paint through the ‘aperture’ I grabbed another white snippet and did the same.  I popped both of them to one side to dry whilst I made sure all the paint was used and cleaned from my non stick mat.
 Next is my saying I am a stamp addict lol!  I have two boxes on my desk.  One of the boxes is jammed with new stamps that were (a) challenge wins or (b) stamps purchased with birthday money last year or, finally, (c) Christmas presents, lol.  The other box has stamps in that I have used but not much so they are out to be played with before being sorted and stored. 
I am embarrassed by how many new stamps there are however if I won more I would grab them with grubby painted and inked fingers lol!  The larger box with NBUS stamps isn’t bulging as much as it was previously.  Although previously I had two boxes full of stamps waiting to be used lol!  I do have quite a lot of stamps into the use again soon box but I’m not too worried about that – because they have, at least, been inked at least once lol.  So now maybe you can understand why I don’t buy any paper pads right now.  I’m still trying to stick to my 2012 pledge of use it up before purchasing more papers.  It’s actually, mostly, been quite easy to do and that’s because of how bad my back is rather than not wanting them any more!  I am a norty girl lol!!  Or rather a norty middle aged female!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x





Tools
Stamp: Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Scenic Flying Colours A5 stamp set;
Stamplorations It’s All About You Boxed and Typed cling rubber stamp set
Die Cutting Machine and Dies: Cuttlebug die cutter; Spellbinders Large Classic Circle die
Miscellaneous Tools: Ranger Cut N Dry foam; heat gun

Stash
Card Paper: white card from my stash
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
That’s Crafty DecoArt Americana acrylic paint: Turquoise Waters; Staz On IP: Teal #
Adhesives/Mediums: stencil tape; foam pads


# VOS + 6 years

14 comments:

massofhair said...

Fantastic colour combo Karen, i agree it is fresh and bright! Love CAS cards very much, good to see you using your stash:-) xxx

Darnell J Knauss said...

You have the most amazing "what if" moments, Karen, and I love that you go for it! (I call my "what if" moments "Hammy," lol!) This one turned out beautifully!! And go you for using your NBUS and reducing your pp stash!! Hugs, Darnell

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a fabulous card you've created here! I am too chicken to go with a monochromatic color scheme, but you just proved that you can make a card that pops even with only one or two colors! I really love how the simple circle shape pairs so nicely with the flourish. And the words are perfect! What a great card that would be ideal for so many occasions! You did a great job here and I'm so glad you shared this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Heather said...

A fabulous card Karen, a lovely design and such pretty colour scheme. Beautiful created and gorgeous stamped flourish and sentiment!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

SARN said...

Fabulous inky card following the sketch. xxx

Chris said...

Beautiful card, love the design and the colour. Thank you or joining in with us at Scribble & Scrap Challenge and good luck. Chris DT x

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful card Karen! I love that flourish is so pretty and I love your color combo, blue and white is just so crisp and clean! Hugs, Brenda

rachel said...

gorgeous CAS card Karen - it is a lovely fresh colour combination - beautiful x

Carol said...

A gorgeous CAS card Karen, love the colour and design. Carol x

Chana said...

This is a very nicely organized and executed project! Thanks for talking the Opposite Challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash! Your CAS design is awesome!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Pamellia Johnson said...

So beautiful Karen! It's simple, yet elegant and fancy! Love the colours and that wonderful flourish! hugs :)

Donna said...

Lovely card, the soft blue is so pretty! Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew this week for our "Opposite Day" challenge!

Marina said...

Great design, I love the stamp with the circle and the beautiful shade of blue.
Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Wei Wei said...

Such a fabulous card. Love your color combo and that pretty flourishes image. Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations.