Monday, 27 April 2015

A couple of stamps that I'm crazy about right now ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was lovely and your week has started well.  On today’s project I have used a stamp set I recently won and a small Visible Image Butterfly stamp that was also a win from one of their Facebook Challenges.  I played with stamps, paint and ink to create this card …

  
A little A6 one! 
Love the colours and of course the fabulous and beautiful stamps 
I will always love butterflies
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Unruly PaperArts Challenge April Prompt Inspired by the photograph


Recently I took part in a blog hop and won a Stampendous stamp set (it also contained a stencil and a mask) and a Dreamweaver stencil.  When the stamp set arrived I was, embarrassed to admit this but I like to be honest with you all, a little disappointed.  It is not what I thought I had won and most definitely not my style. 
To be blunt I wouldn’t have purchased this stamp set for myself and that is also a blessing, well to me it is.  I am stubborn and I was determined to try this set of stamps out before completely ‘writing them off’ so to speak.  I know I shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but this stamp set is grunge style and I really thought I’d loathe it.  
You know what I’m going to say next, come on, be honest you know you do, lol, I love this stamp.  I knew the stencil and mask elementwould be very useful but this first stamp I have fallen in love with, lol.  The large blobby dots, they are one of them; there are two more waiting to be played with.  Now I’m excited about stamping with them and as soon as I’m able I’ll be grabbing my paints and ink pads and having more fun lol!
The strip of dotty card that is in the middle was one I created using Cut N Dry foam to colour the card.  It’s a technique I’ve come to love because it’s easy and quick.  It’s made a big difference to how my painted and stamped card looks once dry.  Using it with paint/s gives a smooth finish, dries quickly, and because no water is used the card doesn't warp.  Also it’s a technique I recently learnt playing along with the PaperArtsy Challenges.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x




Tools
Stamp: Stampendous NKCRS03 NK Studio: Grunge stamp, mask & stencil set
Visible Image Stamps: small butterfly
Miscellaneous Tools: Cut N Dry foam; pot of water; paintbrushes; paint pallette

Stash
Card Paper: Crafters Companion Matt Black card; Parchment paper
Paints: The Works Crawford & Black Acrylic paint: blue; pink rose
Inks: Dee Gruenig Inkability inks #
Ink Pads: Versamark IP; Brilliance 3 Colour IP Aurora
Embossing Powders: WOW Embossing Powder: platinum sparkle; clear detail
Embellishments: lace #; Wild Orchid Crafts Chrysanthenum
Adhesives/Mediums: Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue; double sided tape; Collall glue gel

# VOS: minimum 5 years old, maybe more

17 comments:

rachel said...

cute card Karen - lovely use of different techniques and colours - big hugs rachel x

sandie said...

lovely rich and deep colours, great background for these butterflies. Thanks for joining us at ATSM and Uniko

massofhair said...

Hi Karen, if you like these stamps you should visit the Rubber Dance web site. My next set of stamps are from here they are called Round In Circles!
http://www.rubberdance.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=CIR1-M

Will be ordering soon, your card is fantastic and i love your painty circles very much:-) xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely card Karen, the butterflies are wonderful, hugs Kate x

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous butterflies that look great against the matt black card.
Sounds like you had fun making.
Thankyou for fluttering by #29.
Hugs Mrs A.

Karen Mead said...

Your card is really sweet and I love the butterflies! Thanks for joining us at ATSM xx

Dana said...

Gorgeous butterflies!! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!!

Brenda said...

Hi Karen, sorry I haven't been around in a long time. I swear I thought I had signed up for the email notification when you posted, but I guess I didn't. My mind isn't what it used to be!! Love your card! Those butterflies are so pretty and I love the painted polka dot background in the middle, fabulous colors too! Thanks for your prayers and big old soft hug on my blog today. We have tests set up for this week so hopefully we will get some answers this time around!! Hugs, Brenda

Liz said...

The beautiful butterflies look striking against the dark background. Lovely card.
Liz - Butterfly Challenge #29 - Guest Designer xx

SARN said...

All sooo pretty Karen. Glad it turned out that you liked your prize. xxx

Carol said...

This is a wonderful cad Karen...love your dotty strip and the gorgeous butterflies. Funny how a must have craft item can disappoint yet in practice we can love something which doesn't inspire us! Carol x

Keeley Ainsworth said...

Thank you so much for playing along over at Noor! Design UK!

Just loved your creation, and hope to see you back here next time!

DT - Keeley Ainsworth
Noor! Design UK

Lee-Anne said...

Lovely colors...those butterflies are gorgeous! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

Sally Dodger said...

A very pretty card. I love your purple, orange and yellow dotty panel against the black card and the butterflies look really dimensional doubled up. Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.

Diane said...

Beautiful card...love those butterflies! Thank you for joining us at "The Shabby Tea Room" for our "Welcome Spring" challenge!
Diane TSTR DT

Suzanne C said...

So pretty and I too am a big fan of butterflies and yours are so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

J said...

It's hard to craft outside our comfort zone sometimes - I think you did a great job with this prize! You have made a very striking and unusual card - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers & more...

Jackie