Saturday, 11 April 2015

A mixed media sketch ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was lovely and your weekend has started well. 

Today I have a mixed media sketch card to share.  I’ve been very surprised of what I can do just by experimenting with my supplies.  I would never have considered using embossing powder over wet embossing paste, lol, but it was the PaperArtsy Topic #6 Grunge/Texture Paste and projects that the DT have created have had me adapting and making do as well as that old fashioned principle of mine of using it up lol!  

My Mum needs thank you cards so I’m trying to whip up some mixed media style and I hope she’ll like them.

I followed the sketch and colour scheme at Inspired by Stamping however I added a bit more colour with my Wow glitter EP’s using my favourite kingfisher stamp and here it is …

A 148mm square card 
Okay for posting, thankfully! 
A final look

Created especially for these Challenges and for my mum :
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do over the weekend  ttfn Karen x




Tools
Stamps:
Inspired by Stamping Australian Nature 1 stamp set and ‘Love’ from Little Flowers stamp set

Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Spellbinders Classic Circle Large & Classic Circle Scalloped die sets

Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; paint brushes; post of water; pallette knife; disposable plastic fork

Stash
Snippets/Base/Card:
Crafters Companion A4 Kraft card
Snippet Bazzill Card: white
Snippet DP for matting onto; snippet for die cutting tag
A4 card to create masterboard
White pearl card snippets for experimenting with blue and vanilla shake acrylic paint

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Imagination Crafts Silkie Paints: turquoise blue & white

That’s Crafty online shop: Americana Acrylic Paint: vanilla shake

WOW EP glitter: WS01 black twinkle; WS04 blue glitz; WS06 pearl gold sparkle; WS07 metallic gold rich; WS52 vintage romance

Sakura sparkle gelly pens

The Works Crawford & Black Blue Acrylic Paint

Embellishments:
Organza ribbon #; rough twine #; gold heart charm #

Adhesives/Mediums/Other:
Crafters Companion Collall: all purpose glue; 3D glue gel
Dreamweaver Embossing paste: Copper #
Versamark IP

Embellishments:
Organza ribbon #; rough twine #; gold heart charm #

Adhesives/Mediums/Other:
Crafters Companion Collall: 3D glue gel
Dreamweaver Embossing paste: Copper #
Versamark IP

# all these items are old stash and I’ve no idea where they came from or how long I’ve owned them

15 comments:

rachel said...

wonderful card Karen - I'm sure your mum will be delighted with these! Big hugs to you and I hope you have a great Saturday x

SARN said...

OOH what a lovely MM card . . . makes me want to reach out and touch the card with al that texture.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Ink Stained Roni said...

It's lovely Karen! I'm sure she'll love it!

Sue said...

This is really lovely Karen, you can't rush MM can you, there's always something that needs to dry. I'm sure your mum will love your cards.
Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and enjoy your weekend. Sue xx

Carol said...

A wonderful MM card Karen, loving all the texture on this. Carol x

Pamellia Johnson said...

Beautiful card Karen. You did an amazing job with your bird and I love that textured panel! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Springtime Die Cuts' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Arlene said...

Lovely work. The embossed panel is beautiful.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Marjorie said...

Lovely card Karen, I also have been trying some different forms of card making, I love the mixed media look.. I bet your Mum loved this!..
thank you for playing along with us this week at 'Papertake Weekly'..
Hugs,
Marjorie xx DT

Helen said...

Love the kingfisher stamp soooo much. Such a pretty card. I'm sure your mum will love them. Xx

Mynn Kitchen said...

LOVE the textured paper you used for stamping and painting the bird! This is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! :) HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Wanda Hentges said...

Beautiful card!!!!

Darnell J Knauss said...

It's always a treat to catch up with you, Karen, and I'm sure your Mum will love your design! Who would not?! Hugs, Darnell

Hettie said...

Gorgeous card Karen. That close up of the Kingfisher looked like it was done on linen. Fabulous.
Hugs
xx

Buttons said...

This is such a wonderful mixed media card Karen. Love that touch of texture behind the darling kingfisher. I'm sure you're mum will be thrilled with it. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie and for your lovely comment on my blog. Totally get those doh days!!! Jenny x

Nicole Wright said...

Love the wee bird on canvas. I'm sure your Mom will be thrilled :) Beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie!