Sunday, 19 April 2015

A second post for this weekend ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well!  I’ve another card to share with you today, yep don’t see me for a week and then you get two posts in a row – the curse of having a bad back lol!  Anyways here it is …

Another 148 mm square card and it's a little deep but I don't mind that!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge April: Bold, Bright, Vibrant Colours
(I hope this is allowed as I used a mask to create the background)
Major re-organisation & learning new techniques and products
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge: Make your own background


The background on this creation started out as an emergency mop sheet from one of my Brusho Watercolour Crystals experiments.  I used too much water and the Brusho Crystals and I ‘flooded’ my sheet of A4 card and my craft mat.  Thankfully I’ve learnt from those experiments and am more careful of how much water and Crystals/inks/paints I use.  I’m also much better prepared too because I always make sure I have extra paper/card within reach when I’m creating backgrounds.
Last year I was lucky to win some stamps when I took part in the Paperbabe Stamps blog hop and was able to enter last years Paperbabe Stamps challenges and won.  I got to choose another stamp and I had to have this beautiful oriental stamp.  Paperbabe stamps are top notch quality, good value and they are now hosting a monthly challenge.
If you don’t own their stamps you can still enter the challenges using a different brand of stamp/s and you can still win a £10 voucher to spend at their Etsy store.  If you enter their challenge and use one of their stamps the voucher is £20. 
I have not been paid to promote Kim and Paperbabe Stamps but I do like to share any great challenges that are out there and give credit when I find great quality stamps, tools and supplies.
Once again an awful lot of different techniques and mediums were used to create this card – and yes there is another horrendous list of products used below – sorry!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x





Tools
Stamp:  Paperbabe Clear Stamp: May Lee Dee Kimono with sentiment

Stencil:  Dutch Doobadoo: 12” square Fantasy mask stencil

Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug
Memory Box: Branch Die 
Marianne:  LR0163 Curled Flower die set
Joy Crafts: 6002/0024 Daisy die set

Miscellaneous Tools:
Martha Stewart butterfly mould
Heat gun; pot of water; paint brushes; paint pallette


Stash
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion:  A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accent card to stamp and colour and to create base; snippets of Kraft card to die cut
Craftwork Cards DP: snippets for die cutting the flower on Geisha #

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Memento IP: London Fog
Faber-Castell Aquarelle Watercolour Pencils
Brusho Crystals to colour the mop up sheet
The Works Acrylic Paint: purple; gold; copper
WOW EP: Black twinkle, pink sparkle, gold sparkle

Embellishments:
Craftwork Cards: brown and white twine; die cut Kraft bird cage
Fimo: air dry light clay
Wild Orchid Crafts: peach chrysanthemum
Prima mini flowers #; Pink brad #; Pink glitter heart #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP
Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue
Collall glue gel


# VOS: + 7 years old minimum – no idea where I purchased these or if still available

11 comments:

Jackie said...

Very pretty!
Thank you for joining us at craft stamper magazines challenge blog
Jackie

rachel said...

beautiful make Karen - really pretty xx

Suzi said...

Super cute card, love all the pretty elements and that sweet image. Thank you for sharing with us over at Scrap & Craft. Good luck!
Hugs Suzi (DT)

Maryvonne COUSSE said...

Very beautiful card, Karen , I love your stamp !
And Stunning détails !

SARN said...

What a fantastically embellished card Karen. It's LOVELY xxx

Buttons said...

Loving the Oriental look to this Karen! I hear the cherry blossom festival in Japan in Spring is a must see and this really reminds me of that. You've also achieved a real sense of depth too. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie with this one. Jenny x

Dr Sonia S V said...

It looks so pretty and the lil girl is so charming
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

cheiron said...

Such a pretty gal and great embellishments! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

Sue C said...

Lovely card Karen ! The main image is really cute ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Deborah Wainwright said...

What a sweet card Karen. Love it. Thanks for playing along with MMW. Hugs Debsxx

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Wonderful card! So many gorgeous elements! Thank you for joining our challenge at Mixed Media World! Ingrid x