Friday, 10 April 2015

An ATC: a blast from my past ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and you have fabulous plans for the weekend.  I cannot remember the last time I created an ATC!  Once again when we moved my work room around I found some that I had made years ago as well as some that I had gotten in a swap.  I used to do a lot of the swapping with them but where I can’t get out much these days I don’t normally take part in them.  Anyways here is the ATC I made especially for the Artist Trading Post current challenge and, for me, luckily it fits a few other challenges too …

  
It was a fun way to use up some snippets! Side view - I have a little dimension because of the butterflies 
A final look



A quick and short post today – I’m in more pain because I saw the RA Consultant and her examination has hurt and further aggravated a nasty and intense flare.  She said she needed to check that it was the fibro and not the joints so she pressed my neck and shoulders down.  Suffice to say I am more than a bit grumpy right now! 
We did find out about a couple of things though.  We had thought the swollen hands, wrists and joints were from the RA.  Also I’ve been having a problem with my eyes and that is probably caused by one of the RA meds.  Apparently I should be eye tested regularly too.   Of course they can’t do anything to help with the fibro – sorry to be so grumpy, but I am moving like a really old woman and didn’t sleep well again.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x



Tools
Stamp: Inspired by Stamping Australian Nature 1
Miscellaneous Tools: pot of water; paint brushes; Cut N Dry foam

Stash
Card Paper: snippets of cream card cut to size and to decoupage the butterflies
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Imagination Crafts Silkie paints; Sakura sparkle gel pens #
Adhesives/Mediums: Collall glue gel

9 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is GORGEOUS! I am so glad I found your sweet blog. I'd like to invite you to share your wonderful card(s) in our challenges at:

V's Sweet Ideas: Anything Goes
www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com

Word Art Wednesday: Anything Goes
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

I really hope you will play along. Your art is amazing!
Karen

rachel said...

wonderful ATC Karen - I'm enjoying making and swapping these at present - they're lots of fun I think! So sorry to hear about how you're feeling - I can only imagine and send you gentle hugs! Hope you feel better soon! Hugs rachel x

Carol said...

A gorgeous miniature piece of art Karen, the colours are beautiful. Hope things settle for you soon. Carol x

Di said...

Oh how pretty Karen! I love the butterflies - we have quite a few in the Playground this week :)

I do so hope things settle for you ASAP.

Hugs

Di xx

SARN said...

Hi Karen . . . loving the look of your pretty blue butterflies on this ATC.

Sorry to hear you're feeling pain and are therefore grumpy! Hope you feel better soon mate.

Just emailed you.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Rebecca Billard said...

Beautiful butterflies! Thanks for joining us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

Marcy said...

Beautiful ATC card! I love butterflies and the pretty background too. Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week over at Loves Rubberstamps!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

These ATC's are so lovely! The butterflies are so full of energy and life! I love how you gave them such great colors and how they pop against your wonderful watery background. These butterflies really do look like they're fluttering through the sky! I like how this made me think of Spring and am so appreciative of the inspiration you gave. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Mynn Kitchen said...

So pretty! LOVE the subtle dimension, the blues and purples, and the fun background! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! :) HUGS! :) Mynn xx