Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Another sketch challenge ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I recently found out from the lovely Shilpa’s blog that DCWV have monthly sketch challenges: one for scrapbookers and one for cardmakers.  As I wanted to create a card or project for other challenges I had a lovely play session last night mixing old stash and tools with new stamps and dies: I loved it!  New stamps always make me happy lol!
Many years ago, when I first started creating cards, DCWV were one of the paper brands that I became aware of.  QVC UK used to sell their stacks and their kits.  I’ve always loved their designs and the quality of the papers.  I now own one of their 8” square stacks that I am hoarding, the Mariposa stack, because I am going to use them on home décor items and gifts.  I still have a few sheets of the Garden Party 8” square stack, again hoarded papers, and those are what I have used for their sketch challenge.  Here is my card …

  
An A5 card which is good to post 
For some reason I can't take a front on good photograph right now, so apologies! 
The topper interest: love it!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:


I followed the sketch with one exception.  I left out the vertical strip and buttons because I didn’t want the embossed roses hidden – they are gorgeous!  I die cut the circle from vellum for the same reason.  The paper I used to die cut the flowers from and the left over pieces from the cut up embossed roses.  Apart from the dies, stamps and brads everything on this card came from hoarded DCWV.

I’m hoping to blog again tomorrow with my April Showers calendar pages and with another card too.  I do get a bit too busy sometimes at the end of a month if I’ve created and finished a lot of projects for challenges.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x




Tools
Stamp: Simon Says Stamps: Lawn Fawn Dream clear stamp set

Machine and Dies: Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Joy Crafts Daisy dies; Lawn Fawn Dream dies; Spellbinder Classic Circle large die set

Stash
Card Paper: DCWV 8” square Garden Party stack
White card for base; vellum

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Brilliance Orchid Pink IP #

Embellishments: Brads #

Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue


# VOS + 5 years old minimum

17 comments:

rachel said...

this is really pretty Karen - gorgeous make - look forward to seeing what else you've got ready to show before the month end xx

Becca Cruger said...

Soooooooooooooo pretty! Love your little trio of butterflies against that floral background. Great usage of that vellum overlay to soften the focal panel.

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Karen, the papers are so pretty. I keep running out of month...must get more organised! Carol x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very beautiful, floral card Karen, love the papers and flowers.
Lorraine

massofhair said...

I have a few DCWV pads squirreled away too, Once Upon A Time being my fave!

Beautiful card, great colours and layering, your flowers are wonderful:-) xxx

Virginia Lu said...

Wow, this card is full of details and eye candy! Love the colors and stamping! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Denice said...

First things first...gorgeous DP,the patterns are a wonderful combination. Lovely butterflies and great design! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps.

The EmBellished Card - Belinda said...

Beautiful card Karen. I agree with you about the addition of the vellum circle ... great way to add a textural accent without compromising the lovely images. Thanks for sharing your creative talent @ Cuttlebug Mania.
Blessings,
Belinda

Blankina said...

Such a dreamy butterfly card, very pretty,glad you could join our "use at least two dies" challenge at Loves Rubberstamps, looking forward to see you again, hugs Blankina

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous, what wonderful colours and images, hugs Kate x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Lots of elegant and colourful detail Karen. Love your butterflies and layout. Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at Uniko Studio
Sarah x

Di said...

Wow Karen, this is absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous paper, stamping and the flowers you added are lovely.

Tee, hee - I too have the Mariposa 8" stack, and I use it very, very sparingly :)

Hugs

Di xx

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Karen! I love the paper you used, I even recognize it and have some of it. You used this paper so well together, wish I had that knack! lol Love your butterflies and flowers. Makes for a stunning card. Hugs, Brenda

Arlene said...

What a lovely card. It has an Oriental style and such beautiful colors.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful creation. All the embellishments are fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Nicki S said...

Very very pretty. Such great layering. Thanks so much for linking up to the Uniko Studio challenge!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so beautiful. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!