Friday, 24 April 2015

For a sketch ...

Hello lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good!  It went very quickly again, lol, but I am so very happy it is nearly the weekend!  I’m having issues when sleeping so I feel completely worn out from that and from the incessant back issues so I am looking forward to having a ‘lie in’ this coming weekend lol!

While I am here and while I remember I want to say welcome to my two lovely new followers.  Please welcome these two ladies Laurie and Pamellia.  I really hope you’ll like/love my playing with card, ink, paints, stamp and anything else I might want to create lol!  If you ever have questions leave me a comment and I’ll try to get back to you as soon as I can.  I have been asked questions by followers that don’t have blogs and are not on Google Plus, if you have questions please leave a comment and details of where I can contact you.

Today I've a ‘not MM card’ to share, well it was bound to happen sooner rather than later lol!  I used markers to colour the flower and leaf stamps which I sprayed lightly with water before stamping onto a die cut circle and I used ink to stamp the butterfly and sentiment.  It was fun, easy and quick to create and I’ve not had to worry about getting my fingers covered with wet paint, like I normally do.  I have more MM projects on the go as well as some Christmas cards which I’m hoping to share with you soon.  Anyways enough waffle here it is …

 
A 5" x 7" card 
I do use my circle die a lot and I love the different looks I can get with this stamp set 
Of course I have to add at least one butterfly to one of my cards
A final look

 Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Inspired by Stamping Challenge IBS93 I copied the sketch & was inspired by the photograph & used three of the colours which are part of the colour scheme

When DH and baby brother swapped the furniture that was in our dining room with the furniture in my craft room I found more 20cm square DP stacks.  I’d completely forgotten about them and as I really like these HOTP papers I’m determined to use them as quickly as possible. 
I still have a wallet of A4 paper which I need to get in the post to a buddy of mine.  However once they’re posted I know I’ve made a big dent in my hoarded designer paper pads this past year.  It’s taken me a long time to get to this point, I think it’s three or four years since I last purchased a paper pad or purchased a magazine because it had a paper pad I liked the look of.
However I’ve quite a lot 15 or 20 cm square papers to use and it’s taken me a long time to get to this point but it feels so good!  The next thing to work on really diligently is to go through my stamps and see if I can sell any of the ones that I no longer use.  Twenty years of purchasing wood mounted stamps, unmounted stamps and clear stamp means I’ve lots to sort!


You will be seeing a flurry of posts over the next week or so.  Because I’ve not been up to creating or finishing my calendar pages and mixed media arch experiments.  I’m determined to get them finished and entered into the regular challenges I like to play along with.  I also need to put some time aside for working in my small journal.  I have been using pencils to sketch in my larger journal and I want to draw and colour some of the images I’m practising right now.  BTW when I say practising I mean that I am obsessively sketching when able lol!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x




Tools
Stamp: Inspired by Stamping: Little Flowers & Australian Nature 1 stamp set
Machine & Dies: Cuttlebug Die Cutting machine
Spellbinders die sets: Classic Circle Large; Classic Scalloped Circle Large
Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; pot of water

Stash
Card Paper: white card stock to create base; snippet Bazzill card to die cut; snippet pink pearl paper to die cut; HOTP papers #
EP/Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Tim Holtz Distress IP: vintage photo; markers; gel pens
Embellishments: WOC: pink daisies; ribbon from the stuffed bag full of ribbon I won from Hazel
Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue


# VOS + 5 years old minimum

15 comments:

massofhair said...

Pretty pink card Karen, i like the distressed flowers and leaves very much.

I do hope you get some quality sleep very soon, i'm only getting 3 or 4 hours a night at the moment, so many weather changes my Fibro doesn't like it at all.

Have a great weekend, looking forward to more of your projects :-) xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Karen, pretty images and embellishments, hugs Kate x

rachel said...

pretty card - I love this Karen - big friday huggles Rachel xx

DIANA L. said...

This is so sweet and pretty. I love the delicacy of the card.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes APRIL Linky Party. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Carol said...

This is so pretty Karen, beautiful colours. Enjoy your lie in...I've had a sleepless week too suffering with hot flushes!! Carol x

SARN said...

Super floral card Karen. WELL DONE for using up your hoarded stash!

Please remember that I'm a stampaholic and if you offer stamps for sale I might be buying!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pamellia Johnson said...

Gorgeous Karen! Love love love all the pink! Such pretty flowers! hugs :)

Josephine said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

Rebecca Billard said...

So very beautiful! Love those pink flower that you have stamped out. Thanks for joining us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so pretty. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Arlene said...

Lovely card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Marcy said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps!

Sally Dodger said...

A beautiful card. I love the way you have stamped onto the linen textured card, it almost looks like you have embroidered the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.

Mynn Kitchen said...

Karen, this is lovely! I adore the green and pink color combo, and the ribbon you used is fabulous! Thank you for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Leah said...

Such a pretty card! I love the flowers overlapping like you did and the colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Inspired By Stamping!