Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Get your sunglasses on ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well.  I’ve another of my experiments to share with you today and it's very bright!  I loved creating this card, I got to use up some old stash too and here it is …

 
A 5" x 7" card 
   
The stamped panel on the RHS and a close up of that 
  
Love these flowers!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:

Recently I took part in a blog hop and won a stamp set (it also contained a stencil and a mask) and a Dreamweaver stencil.  When I saw the stamp set I had won I was, embarrassed to admit this but I like to be honest with you all, disappointed as it is so completely not what I thought I would win and not my usual style.  I wouldn’t have purchased this stamp set for myself and that is also a blessing, well to me it is.  However I am stubborn.  I was determined to try the stamps out.  I know I shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but this stamp set is grunge style and I really thought I’d loathe it.  Now you all know what I’m going to say next, come on, be honest you know you do lol!  I love it!  I knew the stencil and mask element would be very useful for me but I’ve fallen in love with the stamp set too!  See those large blobby dots – they are one of the stamps (there are two more) they are one of the stamps and I’m so excited about playing with the other two now.  As soon as I can I will be grabbing my paints and ink pads and having more fun lol!

The painted part of this card started out as a rather dull piece of card that I had inked with Distress IP, but I hadn’t inked it heavily so it was a tad blah, well to me it was lol!  I grabbed my lovely DecoArt Americana paints and slapped the vibrant blue acrylic paint over the card.  I normally dilute these paints with white acrylic paint because these colours are bold, almost neon.  However this time I grabbed a piece of Cut N Dry foam and added a smooth coat of blue paint and then used the stencil with the pink acrylic paint.  Once dry I grabbed the blobby stamp and over stamped with an old Brilliance multi colour IP.  Because I am trying to organise and edit my old stash and I was amazed to find that this  Brilliance IP  is still really juicy!  I didn’t want this piece of card to be glossy so I took my heat gun and dried the ink.

Several years ago I won some die cuts from the lovely Lee, aka Craftyloops, and I have finally started using them, lol, it’s all this sorting and editing of stuff: I have found a lot of shapes (especially flowers) some of which I die cut ready to use and then completely forgotten about them.  So these die cuts turned up recently and as I had some paint left on my craft mat I painted them with the acrylic paints too.  I rolled the flowers and applied glue to those and I over stamped with the Brilliance ink on the flat daisies too.  A snippet of left over DP, some ribbon from the box I won from Hazel and I was done!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x

                     



Tools
Stamp: Stampendous NKCRS03 NK Studio: Grunge stamp, mask & stencil set

Miscellaneous Tools:
Die cut machine; flower dies; Cut N Dry foam; heat gun

Stash
Card Paper: snippet of Crafter’s Companion A4 Centura Snow White Accent card
White card from stash; Stamping Up: DP #

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
That’s Crafty DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint: Turquoise Waters; Pink Flamingo
Brilliance three colour IP

Embellishments:
Ribbon from the stash I won from Hazel

Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue


# VOS: + 5 years no idea if still available to purchase

15 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh Karen, this is just beautiful! I love the colors in this one and I love those flowers. Hugs, Brenda

SARN said...

LOVELY! xxx

Carol said...

This looks like it was fun to make Karen, love the bright colours. Carol x

Pamellia Johnson said...

Beautiful Karen!! Love that background and the way you did the flowers to match! Such a wonderful spring card! hugs :)

ursula Uphof said...

Karen, Love your flowers and the lovely colours. It is always great when something turns out better than you thought. Thank you for your lovely comments, and I am so happy you found The Outlawz. It is a great place to have fun. If you need any help just shout. Hugs, Ursula

massofhair said...

Very pretty card, loving those bright colours Karen :-) xxx

Hettie said...

Gorgeous darling xx

rachel said...

fab work Karen - and you used that stamp set again - well done you - great colours - love them xx

MaryH said...

What fun reading through this post, and I smiled at your honesty on receiving the win. Yet it worked out marvelously for you, because you made something absolutely beautiful with the products. Love the bold colors, those wonderful flowers, and really liked the shaping on the curved piece. It's an amazing card, with lots of interest, texture and WOW colors. Very cheerful and it's obvious you had such fun making it. Good for you! And for whomever is cheered by receiving it. TFS

Inky and Quirky said...

Ooo no,grunge is good ;)
Beautiful card,loving the zingy colours
Thanks for joining us at MMW
Hugs
Donna DT xxx

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a beautiful creation! Pretty colors and fabulous flowers. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Sue C said...

Beautiful card Karen ! The flowers are gorgeous ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Buttons said...

What a great card Karen! Love those flowers. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Georgie C said...

Love your use of bright colours, thanks for playing along at Frilly and Funkie xx

Georgie C said...

Hehe I'm back again to comment on your gorgeous bright card, you did such a fantastic job!!
Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media World
Hugs
Georgie xx DT