Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Mixed media, stencil and stamp ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well and Happy Hump day to all of you!  I have been playing with loads of snippets, card and paper, stencils, paint and felt tip pens again.  Because my fibromyalgia is flaring quite badly right now I have simple and non fussy MM card to share with you.  It was fun to play with the stencil and paints to improve my skills with that and the bonus was that I used two snippets from the never ending snippet pile.  Here it is …

 

A 148mm square card and okay to post


A final look



 Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
A Sprinkle of Imagination Challenge April Ranger Adirondack IP’s 

Pixie’s Playground Challenge #173 Snippets: so nice to hang out with the girls


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week ttfn Karen x





Tools
Stamp/s: Crafty Individuals Elements A6 Plate stamp set: CI-234 Bird, Branches & Cages

Stencil: Retro Café Art Gallery: small Heart Tree stencil

Misc. Tools: Craft mat; spray bottle of water; paint brushes

Supplies
Card/Paper: cream pearl card #; PP snippet from Papermania stack #

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: DecoArt Mixed Media Fluid: burnt umber; primary magenta

Old ink pads: used as watercolours for the background/scene

Shades of green and brown felt tip pens

Adhesives/Mediums: foam pads

# VOS + 8 years minimum


7 comments:

massofhair said...

Sorry to read your Fibro is in flare, i can empathise, hope it calm down very soon!

A fabulous card from your snippet pile, love the hearts and the dimension you managed and your painting is wonderful :-) xxx

Di said...

Super card Kare, great to see you in the Playground! Lovely to hear you're having such fun fun using paints and inks - and I do hope you feel better soon.

Hugs

Di xx

Carol said...

A super MM card Karen. Hope things settle for you soon. Carol x

Darnell J Knauss said...

I'm sorry to hear you are in the middle of a flare-up, Karen, and I pray it eases soon. Your snippets card is so pretty with that sweet little scene!! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful mm card Karen.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Artistic Stamper this month.

Georgie C said...

I love the heart tree and the little birds! Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media World xx

Jaine Drake said...

How pretty. I love the tree. Thank you for joining in with our challenge at ASOI this time.