Thursday, 23 April 2015

Mixed media with a pretty geisha (photo heavy) ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I have a Brusho Watercolour Crystals background, a snippet of stencilled mop up sheet, stamped and coloured with watercolour pencils pretty geisha, WOC flowers, a leaf, and a snippet of embossing paste and WOW EP experiment.  One heck of a lot of media was used to create this card and it feels so good to use some of the many background experiment card/paper sheets I have created.  Here is today’s card …

  
An A5 card  and the side view
A final look

Just to let visiting DT’s know there are more photographs and a quick description of how I created my masterboards below – so you might want to push on and not read all of this post.

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:

Unusually I’m happy with the end project.  I played around with a lot of the paper/card sheets I had coloured/experimented with.  I wanted the Brusho Crystal background as visible as possible but I also wanted to use some snippets and textured backgrounds I’ve created. 

  

I love the different colours and textures, I am ending up with many mop up papers which I alter or add more media to them.  The photograph above is of a 305mm square piece of paper that I used to mop up my overflow from too much water and too Brusho Watercolour Crystals.  Once the paper was dry I attached a large stencil and used my Versamark IP to dab through the negative parts.  I then removed the stencil and added different colours of EP.  I love the texture, bling and multiple colours from the EP and some shapes/letters/& numbers are more visible.

I used cereal packaging to create the photograph above textured piece.  I cut roughly A4 size and add embossing paste with a knife.  I added a thin layer first and left that to dry before going in and adding a generous amount of the paste then I used a plastic fork to add pattern and texture marks through the top layer of the paste and I threw EP all over it, left it to dry completely before using a heat tool to melt the EP.

Once I was happy with the size of the papers and the way I had arranged them I grabbed some of my WOC flowers and a leaf from The Works and came up with this layout.  The card didn’t look right with just the geisha as the focal point so I played with flowers and leaves to come up with the result I really wanted.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x 





Tools
Stamp: Paperbabe Clear Stamp: May Lee Dee Kimono with sentiment

Stencil: Dutch Doobadoo: 12” square Fantasy mask stencil

Miscellaneous Tools: pot of water; paint brushes; pallette knife; heat gun


Stash
Card Paper snippet Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White to stamp & colour
The Works A4 watercolour paper
A4 white card and A3 paper from my stash to create base and mop up sheet
Cereal box packaging for the textured panel

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours
Faber-Castell Aquarelle Watercolour Pencils
Versamark IP; Memento London Fog IP
Dreamweaver Embossing Paste: Copper
WOW Glitter EPs: WS04 blue glitz; WS06 pearl gold sparkle; WS07 metallic gold rich; WS52 vintage romance

Embellishments Wild Orchid Crafts: Chrysanthemums; Cherry Blossoms; Sweet Heart Blossoms

Adhesives/Mediums Collall all purpose glue; Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue; foam pads

14 comments:

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

Wow! Karen, that is beautiful. I love the texture & the Brusho colours look fab. Thanks for joining the Lisa B Designs challenge.

Diane said...

Very creative, unique and PRETTY!! Thank you for joining us at "The Shabby Tea Room" for our "Welcome Spring" challenge!
Diane TSTR DT

Laurie Moore said...

Gorgeous background texture. What a lovely card. Thank you so much for entering it in our challenge "Color Your World" at Our Creative Corner. xoxo Happy Spring

SARN said...

OOh . . .so good to see you creating Karen. LOVELY work and thanks for explaining how it was done.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

rachel said...

absolutely stunning - love this Karen - those backgrounds are amazing - and such a wonderful card x

Meggymay said...

A stunning project. wonderful texture and details. I enjoyed reading your post. Thank you for joining us at Stamps and stencils this time.
Yvonne

Carol said...

A real beauty Karen...love your background and wonderful texture. Carol x

massofhair said...

Wonderful textures Karen, liking the EP heated after the texture paste has dried it is a fun technique. Some lovely touches and the Geisha Girl is just beautiful :-) xxx


Cheryl W said...

So pretty, Karen, and loved reading your step-by-step process. I love all the color and texture.

Rebecca Billard said...

WOW so beautiful! Love your butterfly! Thanks for joining us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

Georgie C said...

What beautiful texture and colours in this piece! Thanks for entering this at Frilly and Funkie xx

Sharon Smith said...

Love all the textures and the extra details, Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.

Sharon x

Buttons said...

Loving this vibrant mix of colours and textures Karen. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Jaine Drake said...

Great technique and very colourful. Thank you for joining in with our challenge at ASOI this time.