Saturday, 18 April 2015

Multi Media Pinky-liciousness ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and your weekend has started well. 
Sorry for the disappearing act.  The RA Consultant checked my back and neck at my last appointment and we think she may have been a little, no, a lot too rough!  And that is me being polite.  A week of rest was ordered and I tried to stick to it lol!
Anyways today I’ve got a card to share with you.  I was finally able to finish it last night.  I wanted to create this for quite a few of the current challenges and because of my back being so bad, my craft room is still an unholy mess that I was trying to organise and on top of that I didn’t feel great so I was unable to finish it.  So I am really happy I got to put all the parts together to create this card … 
  
A 148mm square card and it has a lot of depth! 
I lay the card flat to set up my next and thought it looked lovely this way 
A final look

 Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge: In the middle: or re-organising, getting ready for company and learning new techniques and products
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge: Make your own background
Stamping Sensations Challenge April: Pretty in Pink
   The Shabby Tea Room Challenge #249 Rainbow of Colours

I used different techniques and lots of mediums to create this card and that is the only apology I am going to offer for the horrendous list of tools and stash below!  Because I am starting to feel more confident with some of those mediums I have started to grab them without worrying about it which feels so good!
I am hoping to pop around and visit all of your lovely blogs to see what I’ve missed on Sunday.  Saturday day and evening is going to be a bit busy as we have mum, my brother and the lovely Bethan for dinner – so looking forward to seeing them as it’s been weeks since we were all together.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x




Tools
Stamp:
Crafters Companion & Sheena Douglass: A5 A Little Bit Sketchy True Colours stamp set
Lavinia Stamps: small Zen Flowers; Leaf Trail; miniature flowers
Simon Says Stamps: SSS101329 Be Sentiments stamp set

Miscellaneous Tools:
Stampin Up: Label punch
Heat gun; spray bottle of water; pot of water; paintbrushes

Stash
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: snippets Centura Pearl Snow White Accents to stamp and embossed butterfly onto; printer paper to colour with Brusho (minute sprinkle Brusho crystal into a pallette plus water)
A4 white card for base; snippet white card for stamping the flowers onto

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Brusho Paints were used to create the bottom background and to colour the stamped butterfly
Distress IP’s: Victorian Velvet, Worn Lipstick
Adirondack IP’s: lettuce, meadow, wild plum
WOW EP: WS26 Platinum Sparkle Glitter EP
DecoArt Americana Acrylic Satin Paint: pink
Black acrylic paint

Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts: roses, rose leaves, pink stamens, wired stamen

Adhesives/Mediums:
Cosmic Shimmer: dries clear glue
Collall glue gel
Versamark IP

19 comments:

Cheryl W said...

This is beautiful, Karen! That butterfly looks amazing.

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Gorgeous make Karen, wow!! Love that pretty butterfly so much and pinky-winky background!!

SARN said...

OOOOOOH . . . this is SO pretty Karen. Love the colours and mediums used to make the card. Your butterfly is a stunner. Lots of interest and dimension in this card.

Hope the back etc is a little better today. Keep smiling . . . even if it IS through gritted teeth!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

A lovely card, the sparkle looks great. Thanks for joining the Lisa B Designs challenge, Karen.

Lynne K said...

Love that gorgeous butterfly, Karen! Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

rachel said...

such a pretty make Karen - really really stunning - that butterfly is stunning - love it! big hugs Rachel x

MaryH said...

So glad that you are feeling a bit better and able to craft some. This is simply stunning, with that awesome butterfly. You are certainly developing lots of mixed media techniques and using them to super advantage. This is one gorgeous card and that b'fly looks ready to just lift up and fly off from his lovely floral bouquet. (No, I was flattered that you thought the image was a print. Nope, my lil fingers did it all. It's an easy image to color - and I was pleased with the wooden wall. Usually my mind's eye and my fingers don't cooperate!). Hope you continue to improve & that you have a wonderful meal with your loved ones. TFS & Hugs.

massofhair said...

A beautifully dimensional card Karen, your butterfly is gorgeous. The MMW challenge #2 is Brights not a pop of color...

Sorry to read you have been in so much pain, glad you managed to get your beautiful card completed and I hope you feel much better very soon:-) xxx

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Beautiful card, Karen! Love the 3D butterfly, and pink always tickles my fancy :)

brenda said...

Sorry I am so late getting here Karen, only just feeling well enough for blogging again, but didn't want to miss the opportunity to thank you for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge with you lovely card.

B x

Suzanne C said...

The background is so pretty and ethereal and the butterfly a striking focal point. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Cec said...

Love that great big butterfly and all the pink loveliness surrounding it. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Buttons said...

This is such a beautiful Spring card Karen and I love the dimensional butterfly.
I've looked at your list of ingredients and can't see any die cuts (which were needed for this challenge) and we have a maximum limit of 10 challenges entered over at Frilly and Funkie.
So sorry to be a bit picky on this but we have to be fair to all our entrants. I really hope we see your entries for future challenges as your work is really beautiful. Jenny x

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Gorgeous card with so much dimension - I'm impressed and stunned! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Inspiration Journal, Hugs, Karin

Deborah Wainwright said...

Ooh Karen I like this A lot. It is so pretty with the soft pastel colours anddthen the darker tones of your butterfly stunning. Thanks for playing along at MMW hugs Debs x

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Beautiful card! Love that big butterfly!! So pretty!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Amy Voorthuis said...

Your beautiful card is making me long for summer so badly! Love the colors and that awesome butterfly and I your card makes me feel happy thank you for sharing this at the Studio 75 blog good luck hugs Amy ;-)

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Gorgeous card! Love the butterfly! Thank you for joint us at Mixed Media World! Ingrid x

Jaine Drake said...

Oh how pretty. It has so much depth to it. Thank you for entering it into our challenge at ASOI this time.