Thursday, 9 April 2015

PaperArtsy 3Up ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well – this one has flown by again!  Today I can reveal that I’m taking part in PaperArtsy’s current 3Up. 

3Up a celebration that the first three semesters being completed every year.  This years Topics:

1. Fragile Papers
2. Shiny Stuff
3. Paint
4. Miniature Art
5. Deconstruction
6. Grunge Paste/Embossing Paste

You could choose a colour scheme too and these were the choices:

a.     Slate/stone/concrete/green lichen
b.     Banana, bougainvillea, Caribbean sea, tangerine twist, glass blue, purple rain
c.      Got the blues
d.     Purple, yellow and a touch of blue
e.      Limelight, mermaid, candy floss, gold, and a tickle of yellow submarine
f.       Red, grey, white, black

For all the details please look here.  I asked if I could do a Deconstruction/Recycling project using the E colour option.  So here is how my #3Up PaperArtsy Deconstruction started …
  
I’ve always been nervous and unsure how to use paint and ‘artsy’ materials.  I’ve been following PaperArtsy’s blog and Topics since the New Year.  I’m very grateful to them and their Design Team for sharing their skills and techniques.  I’ve learnt so much from them and you can see that in my finished project.  When I originally painted the folder it wasn’t fancy.  I lightly painted with blue acrylic and a paint brush because I was worried about the brush strokes showing.  I didn’t know how to decorate it or stamp onto it.  Thank goodness for the internet and the very generous crafty blogging community.  Here is the end result …

This was an HOTP kit I purchased years ago.  I have the inserts for the inside and now that I have created something I love I’m going to use it!  I love the colour blending, the stamping, the gentle shimmer and shine from metallic paint, the texture and shine from the pearl paste.  

After I had painting it, stamped the script and added some inky dots!
Once everything was added
  
The front page - the birdcage and bird stamps are some of my favourites
I love that little owl and the sponged tree, lots of texture with the Embossing Paste 
I just had to add some miniature jigsaws and stamping onto tissue paper 
A final look

This was a Hot off the Press kit I purchased years ago.  I have the inserts to turn it into a journal or diary.  Now that I have something pretty I love it and am going to use it.  I love the way the paint colours blend beautifully together, the gentle shimmer from the metallic paint, the texture from the embossing paste, the miniature jigsaw pieces, the stamping and stencilling.

All of PaperArtsy’s fortnightly Topics have appealed since I found their blog earlier this year.  Each Topic is about a particular product or medium or a technique that you can use on your creations and projects.  I’ve learnt a lot from them.  These days I don’t always use a brush to colour a project – I got beautiful smooth and blended colours using foam and/or sponges.

Because of all sharing skills and techniques I want to say a big huge thank you to PaperArtsy, PA’s Design Team and you lovely and generous artists out there for sharing your skills and techniques: I was able to paint and decorate my folder because you were generous enough to share – thank you everyone!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x



Created for PaperArtsy’s 3Up; for me to learn more;
and thankfully fits these Challenges:
I think I managed to use all of the colours for this month’s challenge
Photograph of the birds, Animal Instincts Prompt and I used the colours



Tools:
Crafty Individuals Elements A6 stamp set: CI-234 Birds, Branches & Cage stamp set
Visible Image Revolution stamp set: text
Clarity Stamp Ltd: miniature hummingbird; miniature swallow; miniature owl
Retro Café Art Gallery: small Heart Tree stencil
Pot of water; paint brushes; craft mat

Stash:
HOTP mini folder and papers set #

Card/Paper:
snippets tissue paper from a parcel

Paints: 
That’s Crafty Online shop: DecoArt Americana Acrylic Satin Paint: turquoise waters; vanilla shake; flamingo
The Works Acrylic Paint: gold

Inks:
Staz On: teal blue; timber brown; cactus green

Embellishments:
Dutch Doobadoo cardboard/kraft mini Jigsaw

Glues & Mediums:
That’s Crafty Online shop:
Pebeo Studio Brilliant Matt Medium
DecoArt Mixed Media Fluid: brown umber; primary magenta

# VOS: very old stash: 8 years minimum
  

8 comments:

Carol said...

Saw you over at Paper Artsy Karen....I love what you've done here, so much to look at and loads of lovely texture too. Carol x

rachel said...

this is awesome Karen and congrats on being on 3UP! Hugs rachel x

Hettie said...

Loving this file Karen. Great job! Want to do some of mine now to make them pretty.
Hugs
xx

Moore Art From The Heart said...

Love the texture and colors on your project. Thank you for entering it in our challenge on at Our Creative Corner. Happy Spring to you, xxx Laurie

Emma Williams said...

Congrats on being part of PaperArtsy's 3UP and what a great job you did with this journal page! Lovely texture and details...

Thank you so much for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

Kaz said...

Fabulous detail on this folder! Thanks for joining in with us at Tando.

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

I totally love how you have created layers with colors, texture and stamping! Beautiful cover for journal.
Thanks so much for joining us at Unruly PaperArts RAQ this month

Toni said...

Karen... this turned out so pretty... isn't it fun to learn new techniques and how to use new products... that's why us crafters are always poor...lol... Thank you for creating with us at Unruly Paper Art RAQ