Thursday, 30 April 2015

Snippet busting mixed media style ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  We’re nearly at the weekend again; I really don’t get how these weeks flash by so quickly lol! 
Whilst I’m here and I remember I want to say welcome to my two lovely new followers Diane and Jo.  I really hope you’ll like/love what I create when I’m playing with card, ink, paints, stamp and anything else I might want to use lol!  If you ever have questions leave me a comment and I’ll try to get back to you as soon as I can, if you’re easily contactable through Blogger or Google Plus.  If you don’t have an account at either it means I won’t be able to contact you.  So if you have a question make sure you let me know where I can get back in touch with you.

I have a snippets card to share with you today and here it is … 

 
Another little A6 one - I love this one! 
Still my favourite butterfly stamp and I have a lot of butterfly stamps too! 
Flowers created with lots of snippets!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Tando Creative Challenge Colour pallette


This card was created using snippets from the other cards I’ve shared this week along with  other paper snippets that are in my box.  I stamped the butterfly and coloured her with my lovely Spectrum Noir Aquatints.  I used the inks without diluting them this time and I love how bold and bright the colours are. 

I've enjoyed my week of making cards but I hope to take a break from card making for a week lol!  I'm behind with my MM arch tutorials from Ink Stain Roni, I've not done many experiments recently and I need to sit down and play just for me: for my journal. So that is the plan for Sunday.  

Tomorrow and Saturday will be busy with a quick tidy and dust before Luke (younger brother), Bethan and mum come for dinner on Saturday evening.  I'm so looking forward to that.  Two weeks have passed since the last time brother and Bethan visited and although it’s gone quickly I have missed them.  Part of that is because I know that Luke & Bethan aren’t only fifteen minutes away anymore and for some odd reason I’ve found that really hard to cope with – hopefully it will improve with time.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen xx





Tools
Stamp: La Blanche Butterfly stamp

Stamp & Stencil set: Stampendous NKCRS03 NK Studio Grunge stamp, stencil & mask set

Die Cutting Machine & Dies: Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Joy Crafts daisy and flower dies

Miscellaneous Tools: Ranger Cut N Dry foam; pot of water, paint brushes, pipettes for inks

Stash
Card Paper: snippets A4 Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Snow White Accent card; snippets HOTP 8” square paper #; snippets Craftwork Cards papers for die cutting #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Ranger Archival Jet Black IP
Crafters Companion Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary Aquatints (butterfly)
Brilliance IP: Aurora #; Distress IP: Peeled Paint; WOW EP: detail clear
Embellishments: pink brads #; ribbon from stash I won from Hazel
Adhesives/Mediums: Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue; Collall photo glue


# VOS: + 5 years old minimum

9 comments:

Carol said...

A beautiful creation Karen, gorgeous colours, textures and design. Carol x

Teresa Kline said...

hello Karen! sweet card, fabulous colors and design! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

massofhair said...

Your snippets are wonderful Karen, wonderful, bright and brings a smile...

Enjoy your weekend with your Family!:-) xxx

rachel said...

a wonderful make Karen - that butterfly is beautiful - hope you have a wonderful weekend - sounds like a good family get together. Hugs rachel x

SARN said...

Brilliant snippets card Karen.

Hope you enjoy your journaling on Sunday and your family in the meantime. xxx

Pamellia Johnson said...

Just gorgeous Karen!! It's like a rainbow of spring colours and flowers, so vibrant and hypnotizing!! Love it! hugs :)

Michelle said...

What gorgeous colors! Fabulous! A beautifully executed card. Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

~Michelle

http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

Buttons said...

Another great colourful card Karen. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Pamellia Johnson said...

Hi Karen, just popped back in to say Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Stencil Mania' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)