Sunday, 26 April 2015

Two Cards for Christmas Card Club and Another Card for Rudolph Day ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  It’s Christmas Card Club Weekend!  That came around very quickly!  I actually have three cards to share with you today.  The first one is for the last challenge I missed out on because my back was playing up really badly.  This week I’ve tried to catch up which is why I have three cards instead of two and here is what I created for our lovely Rachel’s #8 Vintage Style Christmas Card Challenge …

 
Quick to make and some more stash used up! 

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:

I don’t create vintage or distressed Christmas cards so Rachel’s Challenge was a good experience for me.  I tried to create this card in a vintage style but it didn’t look right, lol, so I grabbed a DIP and added ink on the edges.  I hope this one fits Rachel’s Challenge lol!  One huge bonus is that I finally used up a printed sheet from when I was on a different DT in 2014 and it took me ages to find who the BG was from.
Next up it was our lovely Mrs A’s choice and that was #9 Stars Christmas Card Challenge …
  
A little A6 card great for posting

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:

And finally the card I created for our lovely Mo’s monthly Rudolph Day Christmas Card Challenge …
 
Another one bites the dust! 

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:

 

A final look at all three

Crikey that was a lot of challenges and details!  All the supplies and tools I used are listed below, but there is a lot!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x



                 

Tools
First Card Stamp: B Line Designs: bauble and branch stamps #
Miscellaneous Tools: Heat gun; computer and printer
Third Card Stamp: Little Claire Stamps: Santa

Supplies
First Card Card Paper: snippets of:  Kraft; cream pearl card; Tsunami Rose digital; white card
Second Card Card Paper: Craftwork Cards DP #
Third Card Card Paper: Crafters Companion Kraft card; snippet home made spray paper

First Card EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: DIP: Peeled Paint & Pine Needles; red EP
Third Card EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Memento IP: London Fog; Spectrum Noir Aquatints; Derwent colouring pencils; Black Pigma pen


First Card Embellishments: The Ribbon Girl: red gingham ribbon; twine; button
Second Card Embellishments: M&S Xmas wrapping kit; Craftwork Cards die cuts #; peel off #
Third Card Embellishments: peel off; glitter #

All Cards Adhesives/Mediums: Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue; foam pads; double sided tape

# VOS: old stash more than five years old minimum

27 comments:

SARN said...

Wow - you've been BUSY!

These all look GREAT Karen.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

dutchess said...

Fabulous cards Karen....just loving the Kraft card with the star....giving me ideas! xxxxxx

scrappymo! said...

My goodness girl...a trio of lovely cards. I don't know how you do it!

I seem to be struggling to get creative...you may have noticed that my posts are few and far between lately.

Same reasons you mentioned to me...there is a lot of work still to do in the gardens and even if I am only helping with the easy bits, it takes its toll by evening.

Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge and good luck in the draw!

massofhair said...

All three cards are awesome Karen, i do love your middle kraft card creation, this is something i would like to make as it just looks wonderful and festive. Glad you are feeling a little better today :-) xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Well you have been a busy bee Karen, that must be you caught up now with these three cards, all fabulous, hugs Kate x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Three gorgeous cards for the challenges Karen, love the star one made with kraft card. With regard to the parcel please don't worry yourself - whenever you are able to post it is fine, just get better first.
Lorraine

Mrs A. said...

What a super trio of cards you have made. I love them all but especially the stars that you made for my theme. Hugs Mrs A.

Rocky said...

They're all great Karen, love the first one with it's red ribbon and button hanger. Hope your back settles down soon.

rachel said...

three great cards Karen - wow - you did well for this one hun! Love the vintage one of course - and the stars is great. Love the last one too! Hugs rachel x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Great set of cards thanks formplaying at little claire

Di said...

Brilliant snippets card Karen - I love all three that you made in fact!

Hugs

Di xx

MaryH said...

Karen, saw the link at Rudy, and got to enjoy 3 unique & oh so beautiful cards. Love what you did with the stars for the CCC, and your vintage is perfect. Love that ornament, and brilliant you, to think of distressing the papers; that's quite vintage too, and lovely with the ornament. Your tiny Rudy Day hat just is adorable! Glad you are feeling better, and just had a browse through of your Acronym tab. Too cute! Happy week ahead. TFS & Hugs

Rene said...

Beautiful cards! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Stamp and Create! Good luck,
Rene

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Karen, I love how you've used the kraft card. One year I really will make my Christmas cards early lol. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

Carol said...

You've been a busy bee Karen! Three fabulous Christmas cards here, love them. Carol x

Dragon said...

Great cards, think I like the 'hat' best, but hard to choose.

jenn shurkus said...

both cards are so fun :) i love the holiday hat one!! thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous cards, Karen! Love them! Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

Kathleen said...

Three great cards and all different, love the hat one.

Kath x

Kathleen said...

Three great cards and all different, love the hat one.

Kath x

Hazel said...

You've been busy - lovely creations. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 226 and my Patterned Paper April challenge - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for April - I'd love to see it there too. x

Jo said...

Lovely cards Karen. Thanks for joining us over at Sparkles Christmas for my kraft themed challenge & good luck!
hugs Jo x
Dt

Christine Harrop said...

Now I know I definitely left a comment the other day!! Blogger obviously decided otherwise. Gosh you have been busy but you have made three great cards. I have finally managed to get my starry card made and posted! Hope yo uare well. Christine x

Zoe Tant said...

Love them all Karen and in particular the neutral star card. Kraft looks so stunning with gold and black trims. Zx

Jo said...

Just popping back to say.....Thanks for joining us over at Sparkles this month & good luck!
hugs Jo x

Helene Siermans said...

Beautiful tags! Love the vintage feel and pretty ribbons.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.
Good luck and hope to see you back soon!
Nick

Gibmiss said...

Hi Karen
Didn't know you had finished with your other blog....
Fabulous card... Hope you are well
Hugs Sylvie cx