Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Use a die ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I have finally managed to get some crafty projects finished.  Thankfully I am very grateful that I had so many experiments with different paper, card and mediums.  It has meant that I could create and finish several projects so I will be posting them on and off this week.  Today I have a card I created for Spectrum Noir’s Facebook Challenge and thankfully it fits quite a few other challenges too.  So here it is …


   
A 148mm square card and it has a lot of depth so won't be posted! 
My favourite butterfly stamp 
I love this quilling die: every time I use it I get a different effect

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
I used Aquatints to colour different papers and card.  I stamped and embossed my images onto the papers and card then die cut a Diesire Quilling Die from the papers


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x




Tools
Stamp: Crafters Companion A5 A Little Bit Sketchy: Always Floral and True Colours stamp sets

Machine & Dies: Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Die’sire Quilling Die

Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; pot of water; paint pallette; heat gun


Stash
Card Paper: Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accent card to create base; snippet to stamp and emboss the butterfly onto
Crafters Companion A4 Satin Finish printer paper (for the flowers)
The Works watercolour paper: BG

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Spectrum Noir Aquatints Perfectly Primary
Versamark IP
WOW Embossing Glitter: Platinum sparkle
Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder: Peeled Paint
Acrylic paint: black

Embellishments: sequins; stamens; mini flowers

Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; Collall glue gel
  

9 comments:

Michelle N. said...

What a gorgeous butterfly! Love the silver and the coloring of it-your card is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's Garden challenge!

SARN said...

Very very pretty indeed. Love it.

Playing catch up now my internet is back working properly.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Ammaris Art said...

Beautiful card Karen, and the butterfly is just gorgeous!

rachel said...

this is stunning Karen - and thankyou for the nod on the fb challenge - would love an invite to the sheena group too xx

Carol said...

Another beautiful card Karen, love this butterfly. Carol x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, so beautiful. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Arlene said...

Gorgeous butterfly in silver with the soft colors flowing through. Lovely card.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Marcy said...

This is so pretty and I love the butterfly! Thanks for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps!

Evie said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenge. Good luck!

Hugs, Evie