Wednesday, 13 May 2015

A double page journal ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I’m trying to remember to play in my A5 journal at least twice a month.  My A5 journal is all about me, the colours I like or love, the stamps that I also like or love and I love playing with all those fabulous mediums that I own.  So today I’m sharing what I created earlier this week and here it is …


An A4 layout
The right hand side 
  
The beautiful butterfly stamps! 
I do love these rich colours! 
Lots of lovely sparkle and lushly rich colours 
  
I had fun and I love the end results too! 
 

These stamps are going to be used a lot
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:

Colours and the Photograph which has a lush deep purple metallic look



Most of these painted or inked papers are snippets (left over’s from other projects), I normally experiment on the cuff with not too much forethought.  I’m trying to bring inked/painted papers together to achieve a cohesive look for whatever I want to create.  I’ve become aware that I regularly work in the same colour scheme and maybe I am over thinking the process – any advice or thoughts gratefully received, please?  I’ve an appointment with my Jane Davenport ‘How To Draw Beautiful Faces’ and sketch pad so I’m off to play with my pencils!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week ttfn Karen x





Tools
Stamp: Inspired by Stamping: Butterflies stamp set

Stamp & Stencil set: Stampendous NKCRS03 NK Studio Grunge stamp, stencil & mask set

Stencil: PaperArtsy JOFY 012 Stencil

Miscellaneous Tools: heat gun; pot of water; paint brushes; pallette knife

Stash

Card Paper:
Inky mop up papers from playing with my Spectrum Noir Aquatints
Crafters Companion: snippets black matt card painted with acrylics; snippets white card sprayed with ink and for stamping and embossing

Stash Colours:
The Works Crawford & Black: dark blue acrylic paint
Faber-Castell Aquarelles watercolour pencils
Dreamweaver Embossing Paste: Copper #

That’s Crafty DecoArt Americana paint: Turquoise Waters; Pink Flamingo
That’s Crafty Pebeo Acrylic Paint: Blueberry or Violet

WOW Embossing Powder: WC05 metallic silver; clear detail

Embellishments: Glitter #

Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue


# VOS: minimum five years old

17 comments:

rachel said...

this really is so very you Karen - brilliant! Love it xx

Bobbi Smith said...

Gorgeous art journal layout Karen! I love the embossing paste and glitter! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inspiration Emporium!

brenda said...

I think journaling is a great way to express yourself Karen, you have so much lovely texture and interest in these pages.

B x

SARN said...

Well done for creating amazing pages out of your snippets! xxx

Brenda said...

I love that you have a journal to work in Karen! Your double page layout is fabulous, love those colors and the butterflies. The look of the torn paper gives so much texture and speaking of texture, the stamping and embossing adds so much! I love that you are doing what you love my friend! Hugs, Brenda

Carol said...

Another fabulous two page spread Karen...I need to find some time to catch up with my journalling! Carol x

Barbara Bruder said...

Love your creative journal page. Such a beautiful work of art.Thanks for joining us at the Mema’s Crafts challenge this month. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

mamapez5 said...

Wow. Now that is different. What a wonderful, eclectic mix of colour and design. And the beautiful butterflies just add the right finishing touch. I enjoyed seeing this at the butterfly challenge. Kate x

Pamellia Johnson said...

Beautiful Karen! I love how you used strips of torn paper for your background, how wonderfully unique! Beautiful colours and patterns, love it! hugs :)

Mrs A. said...

Wow what vibrant colours. Love the effect you have created in your journal pages. Thankyou for fluttering by again for #30. hugs mrs A.

Debs said...

Great pages Karen, thanks for joining us over at The Artistic Stamper x

Lou Sims said...

Really creative and flowing project. Many thanks for joining in with our "anything goes" challenge over at Love to Create. Lou (DT)

Irish Scrapper said...

Its lovely to see a journal page, I love the bold colours and textures, gorgeous.
Thank you for joining us for this months challenge.
Sylvie, Craft for the Craic DT

Claire said...

Gorgeous make,love the colours and all the layers too. Thanks so much for joining our 'Anything creative/mixed media goes' challenge at http://welove2create.blogspot.co.uk/
Claire xx

Donna Idlet said...

Beautiful journal pages. Thanks for sharing with Mema's Crafts challenge.

Angela said...

I am a big art journal fan, I dabble myself when I get the chance. Love this. The layers and textures are fab and I love those butterflies.

Thanks for taking part in the Craft for the Craic Challenge.

Henryka Kowacz said...

Beautiful composition! Thank you for joining us on Craft for the Craig. Henryka DT.