Sunday, 31 May 2015

A final post for the month ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  I’ve a card to share again today and here it is …

 
An A5 card for our card box for a change! 
 
It has great depth yet flattens to go cheapest post 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
A Sprinkle of Imagination Challenge Anything Goes (The Distress Re-Inkers)


I’ve played a lot with my Spectrum Noir AquaTints a lot this month and I’m going to be using them a lot more from now on.  I love the many different effects you can create with them and that they work with many of the other mediums that I have in my stash – always a bonus when you need to be frugal. 

On today’s creation I’ve used them as an ink for the background pieces and as watercolour paints for both soft and bold colours.  They blend beautifully with each other and I have discovered they also blend with some of my Distress re-inkers too.  I love these colours because they are gorgeously bright and zippy but not gaudy or garish.  Needing at least two more of the colour sets they’re at the top of my ‘Must Have Wish List’, above all stamps, that’s how much I am in love with and enjoy using them lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do over the coming week.  Also huge thanks to my lovely friends for visiting and encouraging even when you know I can’t return the favour right now!  You are all lovely and much loved by this somewhat eccentric (aka mad) crafting stamp addict woman  ttfn Karen x





Tools
Stamp: Sheena Douglass A5 A Little Bit Sketchy: Always Floral and True Colours stamp sets
Stencil/Mask: Stamps Away Perfect Patchwork Set One: thank you Miss Pixie!; my own hand crafted swirl stencil
Miscellaneous Tools: heat gun; pipette; paint pallette; paintbrushes; pot of water

Stash
Card Paper: Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents and Matt Black card; snippets of white card for stamping and colouring
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Crafters Companion Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary AquaTints inks; Jet Black StazOn IP; WOW Embossing Powder; Tim Holtz Distress re-inkers: Peacock Feathers; Picked Raspberry
Embellishments: flower stamen; stick on silver embellishments (I’ve replaced the missing embellishment on the right hand side); and sequins from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue; Versamark IP
Other: dishwasher salt

12 comments:

rachel said...

another gorgeous make Karen - great use of the aquatints - fabulous! hugs rachel x

Mrs A. said...

Love, love the colours and the sequins as the butterfly trail. Perfect. Hugs Mrs A.

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Karen...keep forgetting about my aquatints, must get them out to play again. Carol x

Lindsey said...

Fabulous coloured background! X

SARN said...

Great layout and super inking! xxx

Kelly Deal said...

Lovely card Karen! Love the pretty colors!

Pamellia Johnson said...

Very pretty Karen! Your background is a gorgeous swirl of wonderful colours and the sequins are brilliant! Beautiful! hugs :)

Darnell J Knauss said...

I'm afraid I haven't been one of those kind friends as it's been way too long since I've stopped in for a visit. It's lovely to see your beautiful works of art again, Karen! I do think of you often, but I'm always falling behind on my comments to answer and, of course, having fun making lots of cards. You take care and I'll try to be back again soon! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

What wonderful colours Karen - and a really lovely card!

Hugs

Di xx

Brenda said...

This is a gorgeous card Karen! I am so loving the depth it has with the blocks of watercoloring and the black outline. Your butterfly is beautiful and I love the sequin trail. Love those flower too. You have a winner with this card, and I love that it is flat to post too. Hugs, Brenda

Betty said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month
Bettyxxx

Jaine Drake said...

Absolutely lovely. Thank you for entering it for our challenge at ASOI this time.