Wednesday, 20 May 2015

A page for my journal ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I just want to say a big huge thank you to all of you for all your lovely comments and encouragement – it means more that you know my lovelies.
I have been having a lot of fun creating inky background pieces, using NBUS stamps and just playing in my inky journal.  I am trying to do inky journaling at least once a week and I want to make sure that I practice my sketching when I can’t sit at my desk and get mucky or when I don’t have much time.  I'm struggling with the continuity part of the drawing.  Now and again I create a reasonably good sketch but there are three or four that aren’t, however, I’m hoping that will improve with time and practice and I keep reminding myself that the book and learning is a blessing and not to put pressure on myself.  So here is a page I created with lots of bits and pieces …

  
I don't know why it took me so long to stamp him! 
You will be seeing more of this stamp! 
I love this stamp set!
A final look


Created for me and especially for these Challenges:

I'm going to play on the swings, make sure my buddies and our Miss is okay &
pester the very talented Sarn for some tangle tips!



That’s Crafty Challenge Steampunk Surprise I had to stamp and colour Edgar and use some mucky snippets that are so gorgeous that I won’t want to throw them out!
Visible Image Facebook Challenge: May Show & Tell


I am constantly stunned by the amount of experimental papers and snippets I have created, lol, it has got out of hand so I am trying to remember to go to my ‘created’ wallet of papers before making any more new papers – but there are so many of them, lol!  Thankfully I always have bright, colourful and multi coloured papers as pink isn’t my go to colour.  In fact it never was, it has and always will be red, then blue and all of those shades of gorgeousness!  Yep I am a colour addict and proud lol.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x 






Tools
Stamp: Visible Image: Edgar stamp; Never Grow Up stamp set
Stamp & Stencil set: Stampendous NKCRS03 NK Studio Grunge stamp, stencil & mask set
Stencils: That Special Touch Mask: Sunrise; Splodgeaway: 8” sq Steampunk Clock stencil #
Miscellaneous Tools: paint brushes, pot of water; palette knife; heat gun

Stash
Card Paper: snippets card, paper and vellum for stamping, stencilling and experimenting
Colours: Faber-Castell Aquarelles watercolour pencils; Brusho Watercolour Crystals; mica sprays #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen: The Works Acrylic paints; Ranger Archival Jet Black IP; Versamark IP; Clear Detail EP #; Adirondack red IP #
Embossing Paste: Dreamweaver Copper #
Embellishments: pink glitter #
Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue


# all of these are VOS stash and tools and I am no longer sure if they are available to purchase or if the brand is still around


10 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow, this looks great Karen! I love your inky background and the steampunk guy, I think he is a steampunk guy. lol Whatever he is, he looks fabulous! I'm glad that you aren't putting pressure on yourself and just enjoying getting inky!! Hugs, Brenda

Carol said...

Loving all your colourful snippets Karen...great page. Carol x

SARN said...

Hi Karen . . . hey . . . I'm over here by the swings! I think there's a tangle lesson planned later today in the treehouse!

LOVELY looking pages and well done for using up snippets on them.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Wonderful Karen - and I can see why you so love the stamp!! I have some Visible Image stamp prizes coming up in the Playground in a couple of weeks - ssshhhhh :)

Hugs

Di xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lots going on here Karen with different techniques and elements. Love the Steampunk theme.
Lorraine

Pamellia Johnson said...

Fabulous Karen! Love your little steampunk guy and your backgrounds are so funky and wonderful! hugs :)

rachel said...

this looks wonderful Karen and its so clever of you to use up snippets in this way - fabulous! Hugs rachel x

Deborah Wainwright said...

Great Page Karen, love your stamped image xx

ems84 said...

That stamp is gorgeous! Especially the way you have coloured it, looks amazing

Cathy said...

Great snippets make Karen, Cathy x