Friday, 29 May 2015

A quick post for some challenges ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good!  Because this one was cut so short by other stuff going on I’m sat here thinking it can’t be Friday already let alone the end of the month of May eek!  I’ve another card to share with you and here it is …
  
Another A6 card 
Gorgeous effect! 
  
That lovely paper!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:


The gorgeous stamp that I used on this card is one of the lovely stamps I won from the lovely and very talented Brenda – I adore this flower and foliage stamp.  I created the background behind the flower first using my Spectrum Noir AquaTints and left it to dry before inking up the stamp with the AquaTints and spraying the stamp lightly with water to get bleed look to the stamped image.  The card matt underneath the stamped panel was created by me soaking up left over SNAT from that onto a snippet of card – I was able to soak up the excess ink on my craft mat.  I created the diamond background paper, details here, and used that gorgeous stencil again, as well as lovely lush ribbon and some coloured WOC roses.

Thankfully DH photographed my cards so that I could link them up to the challenges before they close – very grateful I am too!  I am really hoping to be able to get my Christmas Card Club entry finished soon and will have DH photograph that one too.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x





Tools
Stamp: Hero Arts flower stamp: thank you Brenda!!
Stencil: Stamps Away Patchwork Template Set One: thank you Miss Pixie!!
Miscellaneous Tools: watercolour/paint brushes; pallette; pot of water; pipettes; Ranger ink blending foam for inking up the stamp

Stash
Card Paper: Yellow paper that was a bit grubby (10 + years old) ##; Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl snow white accent card (base and for stamping onto)
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary AquaTints; white acrylic paint
Embellishments: Wild Orchid Crafts roses; ribbon from the stash I won from Hazel
Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose photo glue; Collall glue gel


# VOS: 5 years old minimum
## Very, Very Old Stash: 10 years minimum – I am trying to use these old papers up by adding ink and paint to hide any grubby marks on them!



SNAT: Spectrum Noir AquaTint Inks: the bottles of ink: not the Spectrum Noir watercolour pens

9 comments:

Carol said...

Love the water colour image here Karen...and what a great way to use up excess inks. Carol x

rachel said...

beautiful work karen ... i love the stamped image especially ....beautiful! hope you r okay xx

SARN said...

Fabulous result Karen. xxx

brenda said...

That confirms it Karen, I do need those aquatints, love what you have created with them here and the lovely watercolour affect from the stamping.

Many thanks for sharing a second piece with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Karen, a lovely CAS style with a beautiful water coloured image!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Debbie said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Donna B. said...

Gorgeous card! Love your watercolor flowers.

pinky said...

Very pretty creation, love the watercolour effect. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

Chris said...

Gorgeous card Karen and such pretty colours and style. So glad you joined in with the Paperbabe Stamps challenge this time. Chris :-)