Friday, 29 May 2015

A second quick post for challenges ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and you have fab weekend plans.  DH has been an angel and photographed and edited my creations so that I could enter them into several challenges before they close here is today’s second card creation …
  
Another A6 card - this time flat

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:



I had a lovely session with several really old stamps to create this landscape.  I don’t think they are to purchase in the UK any longer, I have checked some US sites and I’m struggling with finding them there too.  They were the first landscape builder stamps that I ever purchased more than eighteen years ago, lol!  I had an obsession with creating landscapes back then and I fell in love with these stamps when I saw them at Alexandra Palace.  They were created by: Plaid, Rubber Stampede; Delta or All Night Media – yep they are that old!
My skills weren’t so great back then so I didn’t use them very much.  However when I finally managed to get good results with the brayer (approx five years ago) I started playing with these stamps again.  Then when I won the Pan Pastels from Premium Craft Brands – well they have been taken out and played with an awful lot more since then too lol!
As I was typing I was trying to remember what I used to stamp and colour this scene and suddenly realised that I had use lots of different mediums and this the order that I used them:

#1 left over ink created blue sky and yellow/green ground
#2 paper masks and Pan Pastels to add colour to sky and mountains (sprayed with hair spray before next step)
#3 pine trees coloured with two Memento dew drop IPs
#4 big tree coloured with felt tips before stamping it and pulling the colour out with a water brush
#5 grasses stamped with Versamark and Pan Pastels
#6 more grass stamped with Adirondack IP
#7 I inked the edges with blue and green Staz On before sticking to an A6 card.

Not so easy and simples but lots of lovely ink, Pan Pastel, mediums and stamped fun.  These are really old stamps and I have no idea where they are available any longer.  They were the first ‘landscape’ and tree stamps that I purchased over fifteen years ago, lol!  I had an obsession with landscapes back then.  Sadly my skills weren’t so great and it was only when I could finally start to brayer about four years ago that I started playing with the stamps again lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x






Tools
Stamps: Plaid/Rubber Stampede/Delta/All Night Media stamps
Stencil: paper stencils I created myself
Miscellaneous Tools: Pan Pastel Sofft Tools and Foam were used to create the scene; water brush

Stash
Card Paper: Crafters Companion snippet of A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card for stamping onto and A4 Crafters Companion matt black card cut and folded in half to create base
EP/Ink/Paint/Pen: Pan Pastel basic set; Adirondack lettuce IP; felt tip markers; Staz On blue and green IP; Memento brown and green IPs
Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue; hairspray


# stamps are at least ten years old

10 comments:

Carol said...

Wow Karen, this is a fabulous scene. Carol x

Sue said...

A fabulous scene Karen. Thank you for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

rachel said...

a beautiful scene ... really gorgeous..... love this karen. big huggles xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous scene Karen, great stamps and fabulous background using the brayer, something I haven't mastered as yet.
Lorraine

SARN said...

Loving you scenic card. You've got the perspective just right which is something I struggle with xxx

Brenda said...

This is just beautiful Karen! It doesn't look flat at all, you really trick the eye into thinking there is more there than really is! I want to reach out and touch. lol Hugs, Brenda

Teresa Kline said...

hello Karen! soooo gorgeous, luv the stunning scene! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Sue C said...

Fabulous scene Karen ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Andree said...

A wonderful card, you've created a fabulous scene.
Thank you for joining in with Scribble & Scrap challenge #45 and good luck x

Nicole Wright said...

I want to picnic there! Sooo pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie.