Sunday, 3 May 2015

A sketch and a colour pallette for challenges ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your bank holiday weekend is going well and you have had and will have lots of crafty fun.  
Whilst I’m here and I remember I want to say welcome to my lovely new follower Chana.  I really hope you’ll like/love what I create when I’m playing with card, ink, paints, stamp and anything else I might want to use lol!  If you ever have any questions leave me a comment and I’ll try to get back to you as soon as I can, that is if you’re easily contactable through Blogger or Google Plus.  If you don’t have an account or blog I’m sorry to say that I won’t be able to contact you.  So if you do have a question make sure I know where I can get in touch with you.
I said in a post at the end of last week I was going to take a break from sharing card creations.  
One problem though … I had forgotten that I have several creations to share that I’ve created especially for challenges.  This week I’ll be sharing creations and linking them up to challenges but then I will disappear to play or relax my back.  Hopefully I will be able to play stamps, inks, paints and other stuff tomorrow and next week. 
Therefore this is a quick post to link to challenges.  Once done I’m going to rest for a bit as my back hurts, but hopefully tonight I’ll be able to play with my specials stash.  So here it is …

 
A 5" x 7" card 
A final look



Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x




Tools
Stamp: Inspired by Stamping: Little Flowers & Australian Nature 1 stamp set
Machine & Dies: Cuttlebug Die Cutting machine
Spellbinders die sets: Classic Circle Large; Classic Scalloped Circle Large
Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; pot of water

Stash
Card Paper: white card stock to create base; snippet Bazzill card to die cut; snippet green paper to die cut; HOTP papers #
EP/Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Tim Holtz Distress IP: vintage photo; bundled sage; tattered rose; felt tip markers to colour butterfly
Embellishments: WOC: pink daisies; ribbon from the stuffed bag full of ribbon I won from Hazel
Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue; foam pads

# VOS: no idea when or where purchased at least 5 years old

18 comments:

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Karen, so pretty. Carol x

Lin said...

Love all the soft patterns you mixed on this card, Karen! The butterfly really stands out against them! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Nathalie said...

So gorgeous card. I love papers. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
Nathalie

rachel said...

very pretty Karen - enjoy your weekend xx

brenda said...

A lovely creation Karen and such a pretty soft colour palette, many thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Stamping Sensation challenge.

B x

SARN said...

Will definitely be crafting later!

Love this pretty in pink creation Karen. xxx

Eret said...

Your floral card is very pretty. Love the stamping. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very pretty card Karen, hope you get to rest and play.
Lorraine

Pamellia Johnson said...

Beautiful Karen!! I love the vibrant butterfly against the soft florals, so pretty! hugs :)

Jannie said...

What a lovely creation!

Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania.

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie

Mynn Kitchen said...

Another lovely card, Karen! I adore the fun flower wreaths that you stamp! SO pretty! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Helene Siermans said...

This is very beautiful! Love birds and butterflies. The ribbon is so pretty too.

Thank you for sharing with us at Loves Rubberstamp´s challenge - Use at Least 2 dies. Good luck and hope to see you back soon!
Nick

Joan said...

A very pretty card, love the soft florals

Thanks for joining us at a Stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So pretty. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Lisbeth van den heuvel said...

hi
Beautiful....Lovely design and colours.xxx
Thanks for joinig us at cuttlebug mania
greetings Lisbeth
DT-Cuttle bug mania

Kristine Henanger said...

Fint kort :)

Tusen takk for at du deltar på utfordringen til Kreativ Scrapping :)
Ønsker deg en fin dag :)

DT Kristine

Keeley Ainsworth said...

Thank you so much for playing along over at Noor! Design UK!

Just loved your creation, and hope to see you back here next time!

DT - Keeley Ainsworth
Noor! Design UK

Eret said...

Your card is very pretty, Karen. Love those delicate stamped flowers. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x