Tuesday, 12 May 2015

A sketch ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well.  Over the weekend I bought the many snippets of paper or card that I have coloured, created or adorned in the past and put them into their own folder.  Whilst doing that I realised that some of the papers would work well with some of the other ones.  Today I put them together to create a coherent card for a sketch challenge and some other challenges.   
I’m really surprised about how well they work together.  In fact when DH saw them he complimented me on how well they all worked together, I laughed lol, all of the different papers/cards were created at different times, with many different products and techniques and luckily, for me, they have worked together beautifully!  So here is the card I created …


  
Okay to post too! 
A final look
Created for me and especially for these Challenges:


The main background piece was in my stash of card that’s been coloured with left over ink on my work mat.  The die cut circular piece is a mop up paper that I attached a stencil to then tapped Versamark all over before throwing on many different colours of EP.  There are snippets of parchment paper that I am using up.  There is an experimental painted background that I have attached a stencil and added embossing paste and pink glitter.  The butterfly stamps and the rose stencil are new NBUS tools (lucky wins), and I was able to play with my watercolour pencils to create lovely softly coloured butterflies.
Unfortunately that means a very long list of supplies and tools – I have done my best to list all of them and apologies if I’ve not managed to do so.  If you have any questions about how I created each piece then let me know and I’ll try to get back to you soon.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x




Tools
Stamp: Inspired by Stamping: Butterflies stamp set
Stencil: PaperArtsy JOFY 012 Stencil; Dutch Doobadoo 12” alphabet stencil
Die Cutting: Cuttlebug; Spellbinders Classic Large Circles die set
Miscellaneous Tools: paint brushes; pot of water; pallette knife; heat gun

Stash
Card Paper: Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card for base and snippets for stamping and embossing onto; parchment paper #; paper for mopping up and experimenting #

Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Faber-Castell Aquarelles watercolour pencils; The Works acrylic paints; Inkabilities ink set #
Embossing Paste: Dreamweaver: Copper #
WOW Embossing Powder: WC05 metallic silver; WS01 black twinkle; WS06 pearl gold sparkle; WS38 amber rose

Embellishments: lace from my stash #; glitter #; The Works self adhesive pearls
Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue; Versamark IP                  

# VOS: no idea when or where purchased but at least five years old
  

15 comments:

massofhair said...

We have our favourite colours, different techniques and mixed media as our playground. Great to see your bits and bobs c9me together to make such a pretty card:-) xxx

brenda said...

Lots of interest and dimension on this one Karen and always love a butterfly or two.

B x

Jaine Drake said...

I like your shabby chic style. Lovely butterfly card. Thank you for joining in with our challenge at ASOI this time.

brenda said...

Me again Karen, I totally missed you had shared your lovely card with us at Flonzcraft Vintage Stamping Challenges, so popped back to thank you.

B x

Pamellia Johnson said...

This is beautiful Karen! I love that ripped panel with the gorgeous glittery flower and your butterflies are incredible! A lovely card for spring! hugs :)

Mrs A. said...

Only needs 3 words. Fabulous , gorgeous, and fantastic. Love the use of everything you have thrown(said in te mines of ways) on this card. Love it . Thankyou so much for fluttering by. Hugs Mrs A.

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Karen, what wonderful work, butterflies are gorgeous and I love the textures, hugs Kate x

rachel said...

great make Karen - i love this to bits! Fabulous of you to use up so many snippets too - well done xx

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful card Karen! I love the beautiful colors on it. The butterflies are just so pretty and I love that lace. Hugs, Brenda

Teresa Kline said...

hello Karen, so gorgeous, so many awesome details..great job! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Jackie C said...

Thank you for sharing at Paperbabes! This is sooooooooooo very pretty! Jackie DT member.

Carol said...

Your bits have come together wonderfully Karen, love this. Carol x

mamapez5 said...

Well done you, for using up so many of your oddments. I should take a leaf out of your book, instead of letting the folders fill up with more and more left-overs. The colours are perfect together and all thee elements have combined to make a beautiful card. Kate x

Shirley Chillman said...

A very interesting collaged piece Karen. Lots of lovely elements to it.

Thank you for sharing with us at Vintage Stamping Challenges.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Kerrie Brown said...

such a gorgeous make - love all the details and butterflies

thank you so much for entering the 'Anything Goes' Challenge over at Paperbabe Stamps Blog

Hugs Kerrie xx
Paperbabe DT