Thursday, 21 May 2015

Another A5 journal page ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  As I promised in yesterday’s post I am here with another journal A5 journal page.  Yesterday’s and today’s pages came about because I wanted to see if I could use the same ink and painted snippets across a double page but with different stamps used on each page.  I hoped that when I opened my pages that they wouldn’t jar and would compliment each other and thankfully I now know I can do that in future.  Here is my second page …

 
The full look on the left and with the borders removed on the right 
 
I love these Neil Walker stamps that I was lucky enough to win from the Artistic Stamper.
 
So many lovely shades of yellow - not a colour I normally use! 

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge XYZ: I’m into using sunny yellow right now
The Artistic Stamper Challenge: journaling Artistic Stamper stamps too



Just as I hoped: the Steampunk Edgar works really well with those birds: 
However I need to remember to ground the birds and add a drawn or die cut branch next time!

I do hope I’m not boring you because I’ve a double page journal to share tomorrow and it is the first time I’ve combined my sketched ladies with several stamps and a gorgeous Spectrum Noir AquaTints background in my A5 journal.  You’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see but I can say I’m pleased lol. 

I’m hoping to do more journaling and mixed media arch experiments tonight and tomorrow.  I also want to let you in on a little secret.  I add my own words, feelings and sadness or joy to my pages after they have been photographed.  Well there is some stuff that I really don’t want to share, lol.

I’m having a ball with using bright colours right now.  It may be because I’m desperate for warmth, sun and spring!  It has been so wet and chilly in the UK this week – had to put the heating on a couple of times which for late May is shocking.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x




Tools
StampNeil Walker A6 Birdz stamp set from The Artistic Stamper
Stamp & Stencil set: Stampendous NKCRS03 NK Studio Grunge stamp, stencil & mask set
Stencils: That Special Touch Mask: Sunrise; Splodgeaway: 8” sq Steampunk Clock stencil #
Miscellaneous Tools: paint brushes, pot of water; palette knife; heat gun

Stash
Card Paper: snippets card, paper and vellum for stamping, stencilling and experimenting
Colours: Faber-Castell Aquarelle watercolour pencils; Brusho Watercolour Crystals; mica sprays #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen: The Works Acrylic paints; Ranger Archival Jet Black IP; Versamark IP; Platinum Detail EP
Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue


# all of these are VOS stash and tools and I am no longer sure if they are available to purchase or if the brand is still around

7 comments:

Carol said...

Another fabulous, colouful page Karen...do love those stamps and it looks great side by side with yesterdays. Carol x

rachel said...

another great page Karen and it does work well with the other one - just got those stamps myself! Big hugs rachel x

Kelly Deal said...

Hi Karen! I love the whimsiness of your pages! Very cool!

Emma Williams said...

Fabulous bright journal pages and they have such a fun, whimsical feel to them! I love how you've incorporated those stamps and thank you so much for sharing and for playing along over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :) x

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Super cool, Karen! Those birds are so funny and unique. I think it's a good diea to add the private writing afterwards, that way you can feel more free since nobody will see it.
Thank you for entering our May challenge!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Fabulous pages, Karen. Neil Walker birds look lovely here.
Thanks so much for joining us at Artistic Stamper this month.

Susanne Rose said...

Your spread is awesome Karen! Thanks for joining our challenge over at Rubber Dance! Hugs, Susanne.