Monday, 4 May 2015

Another mixed media CAS style card ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  We had a lovely weekend with family visiting for dinner on Saturday evening.  I think I’m going to be very sad once my mum moves.  I must try to keep myself busy and spend some time sorting and recycling everything, not just crafty stash lol!  I have another mixed media card that I created in a CAS manner.  Carol’s lovely CAS cards are influencing me lol!  I love Carol’s style and in many things we are both similar but it’s only recently that I have started to push myself again to try CAS and here it is …

Another little A6 card which won't be a problem to post

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:


I am working my way through my huge box of not stamped yet stamps.  When I found out that I was not the only one with NBUS stamps I was so relieved lol!  Thank you Darnell and everyone else for admitting our dirty little secret, it’s very nice to know that I’m not the only one.  Stamping really is my obsession lol!
This butterfly stamp is so very, very gorgeous so you will be seeing it again soon.  It is from one of my 2014 Sheena Douglass stamps purchase – I found it and some others half price and I purchased the sets that I really wanted first off and then the rest of these sets.  I love all of the A5 A Little Bit Scenic sets and finding and purchasing at half price was brilliant lol!
The Stamplorations It’s All About You set is a set I’ve used a couple of times before this and the last CAS card but I am trying a lot harder to use that set more too.  It’s perfect for me as we don’t need many birthday cards.  This set enables me to create many general cards which is why I love it so much.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x




Tools
Stamp: Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Scenic Flying Colours A5 stamp set;
Stamplorations It’s All About You Boxed and Typed cling rubber stamp set
Die Cutting Machine and Dies: Cuttlebug die cutter; Spellbinders Large Classic Circle die
Miscellaneous Tools: Ranger Cut N Dry foam; heat gun

Stash
Card Paper: white card from my stash
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
That’s Crafty DecoArt Americana acrylic paint: Turquoise Waters; Staz On IP: Teal #
Adhesives/Mediums: stencil tape; Collall all purpose glue



# VOS: no idea if available to purchase any more

16 comments:

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Karen, love the colours and composition. Think we're influencing each other at the moment...it's definitely fun stepping out of the comfort zone! Carol x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

You're so right Karen, that is a gorgeous butterfly image! I LOVE the monochromatic design and the composition is great! Have a lovely week! Hazel xx

Virginia Lu said...

Well done on this Mixed Media type of card! I love how you kept the design light and airy for the butterfly! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Loll said...

Hi Karen. Such a beautiful card. Love your butterfly and your blocks of sentiment. Great job with CAS!! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

SARN said...

Terrific card Karen. Love the colour - very fresh. Love the layout too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

sandie said...

Gorgeous Karen, you are rocking the CAS style. The inked circle is perfect and love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Ink x

rachel said...

this is beautiful Karen - you really do the CAS style very well! Beautiful colour too! Hugs Rachel x

Cheryl W said...

This is lovely, Karen, and that's a gorgeous shade of blue!

Kylie said...

Well, you rocked the CAS style Karen. Great card!! That butterfly is beautiful and what a fantastic design! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Linda said...

Beautiful CAS design .... I love the butterfly! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

cm said...

Adding my applause to the others in celebrating your stunning cas card! The painted circle, the inked butterfly, the marvelous sentiment: absolutely fabulous! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Inkspirational gallery!
~c

Jackie said...

Great card, your not alone lots of us have a new stamp not used!!!!
Thank you for joining us at craft stamper magazines make it take it blog challenge
Jackie

Esther said...

Hi - beautiful card, love the colour scheme and gorgeous stamped Butterfly (oh and I too have a stash of not used stamps)...Thanks so much for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping..Esther xx

Yvonne Garner said...

Such a cool design and color scheme! Thank you for sharing with us at FSC!

Mandi said...

Love your CAS card! Such a pretty butterfly too. Thanks for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :)

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous project! Thanks for joining in the TIMI challenge at Craft Stamper!
xxx Ellie xxx