Thursday, 14 May 2015

Another mixed media sketch inspired in part by Darnell's Hummingbirds ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well – I know it’s going fast most of the time right now. 
I have another two followers on Google Friend, I can’t figure out who is the new follower on Google Plus: is it just me that struggles with those lol, and one on Blog Lovin’ too!  Very happy to see you here Brenda and Jackie I hope you’ll like/love what I create when I’m playing with card, ink, paints, stamp and anything else I might want to use!  If you ever have any questions leave me a comment and I’ll try to get back to you as soon as I can, that is if you’re easily contactable through Blogger or Google Plus.  If you don’t have an account or blog I’m sorry to say that I won’t be able to contact you.  So if you do have a question make sure I know where I can get in touch with you.
It’s been a tough week for us but we know this happens, unfortunately happens regularly, and it’s a case of trying to move around and keep going even though it hurts like hell (sorry that is what it is for both of us). 
Anyways enough waffle, I’m trying to push on and past so I have another card I created to share with you today and here it is …
  
An A5 card

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Craft Stamper Magazine May Challenge Take A Stamp
Lovely to see some friends gorgeous creations
Papertake Weekly Challenge In The Garden
 I hope my entry is allowed: I've used all of the colours but other colours


Earlier this month I saw the sketch at Make the Day Special challenge blog and the photographs Darnell had taken and shared of gorgeous these beautiful hummingbirds.  It’s a breed of hummer that I didn’t know and I was determined to get my W Plus 9 stamps out and use them.  Also I’ve been meaning to play along and enter their challenge for a while.  So when I saw this month’s sketch at the beginning of the month I was determined that I play along.

I’m determined to re-create this layout but on a canvas with a coloured background. I do love a play session, lol, and sorting out all those inked and painted snippets worked out so well!  There are two photographs below that show how the background pieces looked (they were A5) before I cut them up.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x





Tools
Stamp: Make The Day Special: Wplus9 Flora & Fauna 2 stamp set

Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; pot of water; spray bottle with water; heat gun; paper trimmer; corner rounder

Stash
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Centura Snow White Accent: A4 card for base; snippets of Crafters Companion Ivory Centura Pearl card for inking and stamping

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir: Perfectly Primary Aquatints
Faber Castell: Aquarelle watercolour pencils
The Works Black & Crawford acrylic paint: white; gold; silver
WOW embossing powder: WC06 Platinum

Embellishments: Hobbycutz Bird & Cage wooden embellishment *

Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue; foam pads

Other: dishwasher salt

* Sadly I think they're no longer in business

The texture on this is fabulous - and it took so little effort to do this!
I do love my Spectrum Noir Aquatints - in fact I need more!

18 comments:

massofhair said...

Sorry to read you are having a tough week, i know how crafting can help with the pain so keep on CRAFTING!!!

Stunning card, love how your hummingbirds have a place to rest :-) xxx

rachel said...

beautiful backgrounds and birds Karen - a wonderful combination. hugs Rachel x

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Karen, your background papers are fabulous and I love the birds. Carol x

brenda said...

More lovely tactile mixed media Karen, you can tell from the finished piece how much you are enjoying it.

B x

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow Karen...gorgeous!! Love your beautiful coloured panel, wonderfully vibrant! So I just went and added that stamp set to my wish list, gorgeous hummingbirds and I love how you arranged them! What a stunning mixed media project! hugs :)

Brenda said...

Sorry you are having a rough week, I know what that is all about, I've been having one myself. For me it is the swing in temps from hot to cool. Drives me crazy and stress, that's never good for anyone. I love, love, love your hummingbird card!!! So beautiful and Darnell's hummer was so gorgeous too. I also love your colorful panel, gosh that is pretty with those beautiful colors and texture on it. I have been seeing great reviews on the Spectrum Noir Aquatints, glad to know that you love them too. I haven't gotten any yet. lol But I am loving how you used yours, such lovely and vivid colors! Hugs, Brenda

Linda said...

Beautiful card ... love those humming birds. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE the beautiful stamping ! Thanks for joining in the TIMI challenge at the Craft Stamper!
xxx Ellie xxx

Jingle said...

This is very pretty! It has great texture and such an interesting design. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

Joanna Solecka said...

absolutely stunning card!!!! thanks for taking part in craft for the craic challenges

Jackie C said...

Thank you for sharing at Paperbabes, Jackie DT Member

Hettie said...

Just been having a lookie through your posts! You have done some lovely stuff. Loving this card. So pretty.
Hugs
xx

Keren Baker said...

Such a unique card- love those birds! Great take on the sketch and thanks for joining in with the Make The Day Special Stamp Store challenge x

Karen Day said...

Wonderful card, Karen - the texture & dimension on this is lovely! Thanks for joining our May challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

Julia Altermann said...

Wow, that's more a piece of art than a card. Stunning and super creative take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing in our Make the Day Special challenge this month – I hope we'll seen you again with your creations next month!

Julia

Lexie said...

Lovely project. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribbla and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Kerrie Brown said...

wowser another gorgeous make - you have been busy

thank you so much for entering the 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Paperbabe Stamps Blog

Hugs Kerrie xx
Paperbabe DT

Kerrie Brown said...

wowser another gorgeous make - you have been busy

thank you so much for entering the 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Paperbabe Stamps Blog

Hugs Kerrie xx
Paperbabe DT