Saturday, 30 May 2015

More Spectrum Noir AquaTints and Sheena's flower stamp set ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  Sorry for posting and running but my back is in constant spasm right now so I can’t sit up for long and am so very, very grateful that I prepared my creations and posts a week ago!  Sadly I’ve not been able to get any crafting done so am still behind with Christmas Card Club.  Thank goodness for DH and the fact that he supports and help me with my crafty obsessions lol!  DH photographed this for me so I could enter challenges and here it is …

 
A 15cm square card for a change! 
The Patchwork Templates have been a true blessing for me 
 
A very old brad and a very old large gem stone!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
(The Dreamweaver paste and Perfect Pearls are stocked by ASI)
Frilly & Funkie Challenge Happy x 3: I love experimenting with old stamps and supplies and creating something new and a bit more current with them! 
However the yellow has blended more than I expected into the pink and
where the purple and pink have blended they have gone a dark blue/purple colour!

Another experiment with my Spectrum Noir AquaTints inks (SNAT).  I've used them to create spray inks and added Perfect Pearls to create my ink sprays, I've used them to stamp and then colour an image, to colour embossing paste, to create BG papers too and to colour white acrylic paint to create my own custom colours.  They are very versatile and I haven’t found anything they won’t work with yet, lol.  I know they are dye based so I’ve made sure I only play with water based products at the moment.
My favourite thing to create is spray inks or spray paints and add Perfect Pearls to them.  That has enabled me to do more mixed media projects and experiments and as I am a frugal crafter these days that was why they really appealed to me and why I asked DH to purchase them for me for Christmas last year.  If I don’t win a Spectrum Noir challenge I will be asking DH for another set this Christmas too – I need the gold, silver and white, lol, then there is a set called Beautiful Grunge - I really really need that set too.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x





Tools
Stamp: Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Sketchy A5 Flower Power stamp set
Miscellaneous Tools: pallette knife; paint pallette; pot of water; pipettes; heat tool
Stamps Away Patchwork Template Set One: thank you Miss Pixie!!

Stash
Card Paper: Crafters Companion: A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents for stamping and colouring; A4 black matt card for base
For the texture piece: it needed to be thicker so I used a heavyweight packaging material
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary AquaTints
Ranger Perfect Pearls; Dreamweaver White Embossing Paste; WOW EP:
Embellishments: large bling stones #; brad #
Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue


# VOS: + 8 years minimum

11 comments:

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Oh, no - so sorry to hear about your back! Sounds pretty awful. I hope you get better real soon!! *hugs*
It's a lovely card and I'm so glad you got help from your sweet DH so you could enter the challenges. Thank you so much for joining mine!

Carol said...

A fabulous make Karen, the colours are wonderful. Hope your back starts behaving again soon. Carol x

SARN said...

Love the look of this Karen. Hmm, "Beautiful Grunge" sounds interesting!

Hope your back spasm soon passes.

Hugs Sarn xxx

rachel said...

ooo your back sounds very painful karen - I do hope you're not trying to do too much. I love tonights card - a wonderful make! Big huggles rachel x

Brenda said...

Wow Karen, this is amazing! I love the colors, those SN Aqua Tints have such great color to them! Love, love, love and I love that DH took these pictures for you. Sending healing wishes for those back spasm my friend!! Hugs, Brenda

brenda said...

Love what you have created today Karen, I keep seeing aquatints and I know I won't be able to resist much longer as the effects look gorgeous on your work.

B x

Pamellia Johnson said...

This is fabulous Karen! I love that center panel, the patchwork is brilliant and your colours are amazing! Great flowers, love the bling centers!! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Happy, Happy' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Lynn K said...

Love that you created a square card - the flowers look great! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.
http://www.lynnkopas.blogpot.com

Cec said...

Lovely card with such a pretty centre panel and those great flowers. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Buttons said...

A beautiful shimmery card Karen. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Jaine Drake said...

So pretty. Beautiful card. Thank you for entering it for the challenge at ASOI this time.