Thursday, 28 May 2015

Spectrum Noir AquaTints with Mixed Media snippets ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well – sorry for the disappearance act again!  I had hoped to blog at the beginning of this week but have had issues that prevented me from photographing and blogging until now.  Anyways I’ve a card created especially for current challenges and here it is …

 
An A6 card: love this off centre layout! 
All the details 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Allsorts Happy 6th Birthday Challenge Congratulations to all and the awesome DT!

  Paperbabe Stamps Challenge Colour Pallette



I have lots of ‘experimental coloured by me’ papers to use and I’m trying to use them before creating new, lol!  On today’s card I created a background paper using a mix of SN AquaTints and white acrylic paint.  Yes I created my own pink acrylic paint with SNAT red (#12) and white acrylic paint.  I slapped pink paint onto some slightly grubby paper (it is grubby because I have owned it for a long time, lol).  Next I added SNAT blue to the pink paint and created a dark rich purple paint, again I randomly splattered onto the paper.  I then added some more white paint to the mix and painted that randomly on the paper too.   I used a large watercolour paintbrush dipped into clear water and run up and down the coloured paper and created texture and lines in the paint: simples and one very happy crafter.  So I have an A4 coloured sheet of pink, purple and plum coloured paper to use up and I only used a little to add those diamond shapes to this card, lol, well I do want to blend different mediums and styles together and it’s so much fun!

I’m hoping to catch up over the weekend with my Christmas Card Club project.  I have so nearly finished it and it also needs photographing.  I am finding this stop start crafting very, very frustrating!  And that’s an understatement.

I am hoping to be back to creating and blogging soon but until then I want to say a really huge thank you to my lovely regular friends and visitors and for any DT visitors or new friends too for taking the time to visit and comment.  I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x





Tools
Stamp: Sheena Douglass A5 A Little Bit Sketchy Flower Power stamp set
Stencil: Stamps Away Patchwork Template Set One: thank you Miss Pixie!!
Miscellaneous Tools: watercolour/paint brushes; pallette; pot of water; pipettes

Stash
Card Paper: Yellow paper that was a bit grubby (10 + years old) ##; snippets pearl cream card #; Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl snow white accent card (base)
EP/Ink/Paint/Pen: Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary AquaTints; Staz On purple IP; white acrylic paint
Embellishments: pink skittles; ribbon from the stash I won from Hazel
Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose photo glue; Collall glue gel
  

# VOS: 5 years old minimum
## Very, Very Old Stash: 10 years minimum – I am trying to use these old papers up by adding ink and paint to hide any grubby marks on them!

14 comments:

brenda said...

You achieved beautiful vibrant colours mixing your paints Karen and a really eye catching design to your artwork.

Thanks so much for joining our birthday celebrations at Allsorts, good luck with the big prize draw and most of the team have more prizes on their own blogs. Thanks also for joning our flower theme at Stamping Sensations.

B x

Delphine said...

Fantastic card, I love the design and colours! Thanks for joining us at Paperbabe Stamps and good luck! Delphine xx

Kerrie Brown said...

Lovely project

thank you so much for entering the 'Picture Inspiration' challenge over at Paperbabe Stamps Blog

Hugs Kerrie xx
Paperbabe DT

Pamellia Johnson said...

Fabulous layout Karen, this card has such a great flow to it! Wonderful colours and your flower is just amazing! hugs :)

Brenda said...

What a fabulous card Karen and I might add a fabulous idea! I wouldn't have thought to mix the watercolor with white paint. Clever! I love that flower you have created and I love the design of your card. Looks so pretty!! Those Spectrum Noir watercolor markers are on my wish list!! lol Hugs Brenda

Sally H said...

Such a fabulous card, Karen! Lovely inky paintiness!Thanks for sharing it with us for our floral theme at Stamping sensations this month and good luck!

rachel said...

what a wonderful layout Karen - beautiful!!! Big hugs rachel x

Carol said...

Very pretty make Karen. Carol x

Hettie said...

Very pretty card karen. Lovely colours.
Hugs
xx

Cheri Burry said...

Super cool card with all your elements and paints! Thanks for playing along with us over at One Crazy Stamper in our current Challenge!

Di said...

Beautiful Karen!

Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

What a colourful mixture of colour. Love the lone flower. Hugs Mrs A.

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

pinky said...

Loving the colours. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky