Saturday, 13 June 2015

At last ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and your weekend has started well or awesomely (I’m trying to channel my inner be happy or positivity gene) lol!  Sadly I’ve been MIA because of fibro and RA flares.  But finally, and well to be honest, I very happily got to play with my stash yesterday, I had not stamped, drawn or crafted for twelve days – and for me that is a really long time and not good.  I have a card to show with you today and here it is …

  
An A6 pretty card 
A final look

Created especially for these Challenges:
I chose the middle set of colours because they remind me of summer and butterflies


1.     There is a lot texture on the stamped and embossed butterflies.  I created pink card by sprinkling Brusho watercolour crystals very sparingly onto white card that was slightly damp (I regularly coat my card with a layer of water before adding any sort of paint or ink to colour it: you get a lovely soft blend of colours and spots where the colour is very vivid too). 
2.     Once dry I applied a coat of with white gesso, keeping the bush marks visible.
3.     I left it to completely dry (overnight).  I have found that this technique/experiment requires me to work in stages and not rush the next step. 
4.     The next day I stamped and embossed the butterflies on the white/pink card and gently heat set the EP.  The gesso was flat-ish at this point. 
5.     I grabbed a small paintbrush, brushed water onto the stamped butterflies and coloured with blue, pink and purple H2O, whilst it was still damp.
6.     The final step was to heat set the H2O wash and I had lovely bubbly and very textured  butterflies. 
7.     I die cut the tag from cereal packaging, and added two coats of white acrylic paint.  Quickly, whilst wet, I dragged Perfect Pearl powders through.  That coloured and gave the tag such gorgeous texture.  You can really see the texture from the brush marks in a photograph above.  I was so happy that I was able to do this because it was a deliberate attempt by me! 


I am in love with being able to create texture with gesso or white acrylic paint – yay!  I am hoping to spend the rest of the weekend creating my late Christmas Card Club projects as well as getting some projects created earlier than they are required.  I’m still going through my stuff in my craft room too.  I have a lot of old stuff that I think is going to be passed on to a group or a crafty person in need. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x



Tools
Stamps: WPlus9 Stamp Set; Simon Says Be Stamp Set
Die Cutting: Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Sizzix tag set #
Miscellaneous Tools: Heat gun; pot of water; paintbrushes; spray bottle of water

Stash
Card Paper: Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card for stamping and for base; blue pearl paper #
Colours: H2O paints; Platinum EP; DecoArt white gesso; Perfect Pearls # ; The Works Crawford & Black white acrylic paint; Versamagic dark blue chalk IP #
Embellishments: white sequins from my stash # ; Wild Orchid Crafts white roses which I coloured with H2O’s
Adhesives/Mediums: double sided tape; Versamark Ink Pad


# My Sizzix tags are really old, at least ten years, no idea if they still make them and they were part of a Christmas present.

# My Perfect Pearls I have had for a long time and I can’t remember which colours I was playing with: I apologise.

# The Versamagic ink pad is an old one too and I can’t quite find it at the moment, the blue pearl paper must be five years old:  I am stash busting old stash right now lol!

# I’m not sure when or where I purchased the sequins, think it was last year but can’t remember!

16 comments:

brenda said...

Oh dear Karen, flare up's are the last thing you need, I do hope your on a more positive road now.

As always lovely artwork, I'm a great fan of Brusho's and you achieved a lovely soft finish, not always easy as they tend to have a mind of their own.

It's lovely to see you are Penny Black and More, many thanks for joining in.

B x

rachel said...

good to see you back hun - been missing your gorgeous makes but I understand you can only create when you can. Love these butterflies - just gorgeous. Hugs rachel x

Pamellia Johnson said...

Beautiful Karen, your butterflies are gorgeous! hugs :)

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Becca Cruger said...

Those butterflies are sooooo pretty and romantically soft! Really gorgeous creation.

Carol said...

Good to see you about and creating again Karen. Love this, the colours are gorgeous. Carol x

Mrs A. said...

Your butterflies are beautiful. I loved reading how you created them.
They look so perfect on the card. The colours are soooooo me. sorry to hear you have been so unwell. Hope you are feeling more able to craft now as I miss seeing your beautiful creations. Thankyou for fluttering by. #32. hugs Mrs A.

Michelle said...

Beautiful card! The dimension is wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us this week for the Simon Days Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle
www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

Mervi said...

Lovely card, beautiful butterflies.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, welcome again;-))m

Linda said...

Lovely card ... those butterflies look amazing! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is really gorgeous, Thanks for taking the time to play along with us at Scrap & Craft this time, Good Luck
Kevin xx

Debs said...

Lovely card Karen, thanks for joint us at the artistic stamper

Jill Neary said...

oh what pretty colours, lovely :)

Keren Baker said...

So sorry you've been more unwell- hope you feel stronger soon. Those butterflies are lovely! Thanks for playing along with Make The Day Special Stamp store challenge! x

Jenny said...

I love the way you've interpreted the colours, those butterflies are beautiful :)
Thank you for playing along with our challenge this month at Make the Day Special Stamp Store
Jenny x

Whisper said...

Simply stunning and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x