Sunday, 28 June 2015

For a sketch challenge ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good.  I’ve popped on to quickly link a card I created especially for some challenges.  I am wrecked from my weekend jaunt and my project isn’t finished so I won’t be able to share that with you for a couple of weeks.  As wrecked as I am I really had an awesome time and I learnt a lot, and I do mean a lot.  Anyways it will probably be a couple of weeks before I can finish my project so I won’t talk any more about that for now.  Here is my card …

  
Another A6 card and good to post 
  
The butterflies in this step are gorgeous! 
So very cute the smallest butterfly stamp is!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Inspired by Stamping Challenge IBSIC#95 I used the colours and sketch


Because I have had my H2O paints out for my stamping projects I decided to play with them on black card, for a change, and I remembered something while painting the card and that is that I don’t like H2O on large black blocks/shape much.  They work beautifully for stamping, painting and fussy cutting individual images and the colours really pop beautifully.  But I don’t like them used on a bigger piece.  It’s a shame I didn’t remember that from the last time I used them on black; mind you that was over five years ago lol!
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this coming week.
I never know what to say or whether to refer to disasters in real life but it seems so many lovely innocent people lost their lives whilst on holiday.  I hope no sadness comes the way of any of my lovely friends or family of those lovely friends.  It is just shocking and so very, very sad and pointless.

Look after yourselves my lovelies: you are so very precious to me  ttfn Karen x






Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Inspired by Stamping Butterfly stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug; Spellbinder Nestability Large Classic Circle and Large Scalloped Circle die sets; Memory Box mini bow (it is so very, very cute!)
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; paintbrushes; pot of water; spray bottle with water

Card Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 Matt Black card for base and snippets for stamping; snippets of VOS free papers #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versamark IP; WOW Blue Glitz EP; H2O paints #
Embellishments:
VOS wooden embellishment #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; foam pads

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old

19 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Striking colours, great card.

rachel said...

so glad you had fun Karen - and I look forward to hearing more about it - love your make - its beautiful. Have a wonderful day tomorrow xx

Carol said...

A gorgeous card Karen, those butterflies are beautiful. Carol x

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

brenda said...

Another super creation Karen.

It lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations challenge again, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Mervi said...

Beautiful butterflies, lovely colours.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more June Challenge,
welcome again;-))m

linda said...

the twinkling H2Os look different on black but the shimmer is lovely and the butterflies are all so beautiful! thank you so much for sharing another lovely creation with us this month at penny black and more.
linda

SARN said...

SUPER butterflies on the black. xxx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! The butterflies are so pretty and I love the shimmer.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Lynne K said...

Gorgeous butterflies, Karen, love the colours. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Tracy said...

Fabulous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting Tracy x

Mynn Kitchen said...

Hi, Karen! Beautiful coloring, friend! These butterflies look AMAZING on the dark background! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

lisa808 said...

Beautiful coloring of the butterflies and great design work with the IBSIC sketch and colors. Thanks so much for joining us at IBS!

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning project, absolutely love what you did here, just beautiful!
Thanks for adding it to our challenge at Countryview Crafts.

Nicola Jayne Saul said...

Stunning card, beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place, Nicola X

Debs said...

Those butterflies are so pretty...thanks for sharing at That Craft Place...hugs Debs x

Cazro said...

A very pretty card, lovely work with the butterflies. So pleased you joined us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz

Cazro said...

Lovely buttterflies. A beautiful project. So pleased you joined us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz

Mynn Kitchen said...

More gorgeous butterflies, Karen! The black background is absolutely PERFECT to make the colors pop! Thank you for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx