Friday, 19 June 2015

Glamorous hot summery colours with lots of shimmer and sparkle ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I really wish you could see the sparkle and shine on this card, Monday’s card was more sparkly too, lol. 
I’m playing/using my H2O paints and Adirondack IPs  and I’d forgotten how much I love working with the paints and my very old Ranger ink pads, these were all the rage before Tim Holtz’s Distress inks.
Recently I discovered that I really like shabby chic style but struggle to create that style.  The lovely LC&C DT ladies have inspired me to ‘play’ shabby style, lol, they’re all very talented and very lovely too. 
It appears that you all like my use of bolder colour too right now.   A seriously huge thank you for all the lovely comments you’ve been leaving – I hope to be able to visit you all soon.  Another card to share with you today that I created for several of my favourite challenges and here it is …

 
Another A6 pretty little card 
A final look

I used the colours and two sets of IBS stamps
Ranger Adirondack IPs, Stamps & Luminarte H2O paints


I love the Gibson girl panel and the background!  The background was stamped with Adirondacks.  I then over-stamped randomly with H2O paints – the shimmer is a.m.a.z.i.n.g!  I stamped and used normal WC paint to colour the Gibson girl and left the panel overnight to thoroughly dry.  The next day I very carefully painted around her with black WC paint, I left that to thoroughly dry (couple of hours), before over painting the black WC with a thin layer of H2O paint and left to dry. 
I have to do that technique again soon: it is so lush!  I hope you like this card as much as I do.  I enjoyed using a mixture of old and new stamps and old and new mediums too.  I don’t think this card looks old fashioned.  WC painting is ‘trendy’ right now and adding bright cheery colours and bling means you have a very happy lady here, who has finally used up three pots of H2O paints. 
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do over the coming weekend  ttfn Karen x





Tools & Stash
Stamp:
Inspired by Stamping: Butterflies stamp set; Inspiring stamp set
Stampendous Gibson Girl rubber stamps #
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; paint brushes; pot of water; spray bottle with water
Card/Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents for base and snippets of white card for stamping and embossing on
EPs & Paints:
H2O paints: pink & purple
Platinum EP
Watercolour paints: black, brown and scarlet which was watered down a lot to create a lovely shade of pink for the skin
Ink Pads:
Ranger Archival: Jet Black
Adirondack: Lettuce; Wild Plum
Tim Holtz Distress: Worn Lipstick
Brilliance IPs: Pearlescent Lime; Pearlescent Orchid
Embellishments:
Satin shimmer dotty ribbon I won from Hazel a couple of years ago
Wild Orchid Crafts peach chrysanthemum
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall 3D glue gel; foam pads; double sided tape; Versamark IP


# very old stash: minimum eight years old so no idea if available to purchase

19 comments:

SARN said...

That is one FAB-U-LOUS card Karen. Love all the detail. Very pretty indeed. xxx

Mynn Kitchen said...

This is absolutely lovely, Karen! I adore those wonderful butterflies and all the amazing shine! Thank you for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

lisa808 said...

What a lovely shabby chic card! Fabulous card design and use of the IBS colors. Thanks so much for joining the IBS challenge!

rachel said...

so very pretty karen. a lovely card with beautiful shimmer. love the girl! hugs rachel x

My Paper Cat said...

The colours on your butterflies are exquisite and the embossing makes them 'pop'. Thanks for joining us at Butterfly Challenge (and I'm sure that this won't be the last time we see those butterflies on Mrs A's challenges!). Glenda

Carol said...

Fabulous card Karen, the colours are so pretty. Carol x

Mrs A. said...

What a fabulous Gibson Girl. Love how you have layered the face and hair. Gorgeous, gorgeous colours and those butterflies are to die for! Can see the shimmer on them for miles! Thankyou for fluttering by #33. hugs Mrs A.

Teresa Kline said...

hello karen! beautiful, luv the details! I am so glad you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Jo Herbert said...

What a lovely card, the butterflies are gorgeous and the shimmer is just delightful. Thanks so much for joining us over at Inspired By Stamping. Hugs Jo IBS DT

brenda said...

Running late on this one Karen, but didn't want to miss taking a peek at another glorious card and the lovely image and butterflies.

It's lovely to see you at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges this month, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Crafting Musketeers said...

Beautiful , thank you for joining us this month over at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog xx

Mrs.B said...

A very glamourous Gibson girl indeed. Love all the shimmer on the background layer too, so pretty.
Thanks for joining us on our 100th Challenge at FSC
Avril xx

Craftyfield said...

Love the Gibson girl image! Thank you for joining us at Vintage Stamping Challenge this month.

Dots Dabbles said...

Hi Karen. Wow, what a gorgeous card. I love how the butterflies look like they are flying off the card!
Thanks for joining in with our 100th Challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x

NGCARDS said...

Such a great card! I love the colours you have used! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

Kelly Deal said...

Beautiful card Karen! Love the image and the techniques!

Christine L said...

A gorgeous card with a fabulous vintage image - very summery too! Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink - hope to see you again soon!

Christine (aka Rizzo!)

Esther said...

A stunning card Karen - love the soft colours and shimmer with that beautiful stamped image....thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC for our 100th challenge...Esther xx

Sue Butler said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us this month at Country View Crafts.
Smiles:)
Sue