Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Loving summer colours and distressing ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well, happy Hump Day!  A new follower on Google Friend has appeared: welcome Jackie.  I am very happy to see you here, I hope you’ll like/love what I create when I’m playing with my crafty stash and anything else I’m in the mood to use.  If you’ve any questions leave me a comment and I’ll try to get back to you as soon as I can, that is if you’re easily contactable through Blogger or Google Plus.  If you don’t have an account or blog I’m sorry to say that I won’t be able to contact you.  So if you do have a question make sure I know where I can get in touch with you.
I’m obsessed with my old H2O paints at the moment and did a lot of experimenting over the weekend.  So here is another card I created especially for some challenges …
  
Another A6 card with those flowers and that butterfly stamp again lol! And it's good to post. 
The H2O paint was a little too wet and the colours bled a little so I sprayed some water on the stamped panel and I love the effect because I think it distresses and ages the card
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x





Tools & Stash
Stamp:
Inspired by Stamping: Butterflies stamp set; Inspiring stamp set
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; paint brushes; pot of water; spray bottle with water
Card/Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents for base; cream card snippets for stamping and embossing on
EPs & Paints:
H2O paints: pink & purple
Platinum EP
Ink Pads:
Adirondack: Lettuce; Wild Plum
Tim Holtz Distress: Worn Lipstick
Brilliance IPs: Pearlescent Lime; Pearlescent Orchid
Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts peach chrysanthemum
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall 3D glue gel; foam pads; double sided tape; Versamark IP

# very old stash: minimum eight years old so no idea if available to purchase



11 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

What a pretty card Karen, lovely colours and the butterfly is gorgeous, hugs Kate x

Carol said...

This is so pretty Karen, love the background. Carol x

rachel said...

stunning make Karen - so fresh and summery - love it! Big hugs rachel x

Caryn said...

Such an awesome design - love the colours.
Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Kathy said...

Great card! I love the background and how you used all of my favorite "Summer" colors. I'm one of your new followers.

Di said...

What glorious colours Karen! Beautiful result!

Hugs

Di xx

Hettie said...

This is so pretty Karen. Lovely colours.
Thanks for visiting earlier.
Hugs
xx

Mrs A. said...

Gosh you stamped the background? I thought it was design paper it is so good. Love , love the butterfly. Especially the colour. Thankyou for flutteng by again. Hugs Mrs A.

My Paper Cat said...

Great background, very effective. Thanks for playing along at Butterfly Challenge #33. Glenda

Tone K. said...

What a beautiful card ! I love the colors, your background and your butterfly. Really, really great ! :) Thanks for playing with us at Fussy and Fancy ! :)

Karen Day said...

What a lovely, soft background! Your floral creations are just gorgeous - glad to have you joining our June challenge at One Crazy Stamper!